cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted thumb ratings reappear as "thumbed up on undefined"

chouse
Underground

I deleted a bunch of thumbed up songs I had on several stations. I just noticed they all came back, but now it reads "thumbed up on undefined". How do I remove these thumbs up

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
87 Replies

jennayrivera
Local Performer

Agreed! I did the same thing. It’s absolutely insane that they claim to be unable to delete the thumbed up songs. You’d think for a multi million dollar company, they’d invest in getting a simple setting to delete all thumbs in one spot instead of having to guess millions of deleted stations they were thumbed up on just to delete them. Totally jumping ship. 

0 Kudos

bhight4
Local Performer

Agree.  Same thing happening with my account, and all I see is that Pandora is "aware of the problem and is working on it".  Not very hard, I assume.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bhight4 I definitely understand your frustration.

I went ahead and added your feedback to this ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue as well.

Thanks for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

tsikows
Underground

I am also experiencing the problem of not being able to delete thumbs from stations which are deleted. In fact i would appreciate a setting where i could delete all thumbed material. My pandora account has become quite stagnant over the last couple years where i hear the same music day in and day out. Its time for a refresh. Ive already deleted all my collected stations in an attempt to remove the thumbs but now they are just stuck on my account as undefined.

0 Kudos

tcavana55
Underground

I also want (need!) to delete my undefined thumbs.  I just deleted all my stations and I am rebuilding them, in hopes that I'll get more variety and less repeats.  I want all the thumbs gone too.  I won't be keeping Pandora much longer if deleting all my stations and rebuilding them doesn't improve the unacceptable repetition.  Please Pandora, fix this!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tsikows @tcavana55 Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I have added your information to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this issue.

We appreciate your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

SBacklin
Underground

It’s been forever and a day since I have reported this problem as well as others.  One had to wonder why Pandora people can’t figure out their own system.  The Pandora team should be ashamed and embarrassed.  I stopped using Pandora because their errant thumb ratings are screwing with my listening experience.  At this point any person would be better off on ANY OTHER MUSIC SERVICE.

0 Kudos

speakit0922
Local Performer

Hey computer auto response. It has been 3 months? Is there a fix for this? If your answer is your engineers are still working on it I am canceling my service and spending my money with Spotify or apple music.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@speakit0922 The issue where thumb ratings would show up as "undefined" should be resolved.

To clarify, what exactly are you seeing when you navigate to the Thumbs Up list showing in your profile?

Can you please send me a screenshot?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

tsikows
Underground

Yes adam, you are correct, the undefined issue has been resolved. The problem is that there is still no simple way to select and delete unwanted thumbs. Right now I can go into my profile and see every single one of my 911 thumb up songs, but there is still no way to select and delete those songs.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tsikows You should be able to delete any unwanted thumb ratings from your stations.

Check out the accepted solution to thread for instructions on how to do so: How to edit thumb ratings

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

chouse
Underground

This issue is still not resolved. Is it possible you can just reset my account. These thumbs are causing an irritating listen experience since it cycles in songs I thumbed years ago and do not wish to hear today.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@chouse To clarify, are you still seeing the issue with tracks appearing as "thumbed up on undefined" when looking at the Thumbs Up list in your profile?

If so, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

LizardBreath
Underground

@AdamPandora this looks fixed for my account. Thank you to you and the Pandora development team!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @LizardBreath.

Thanks for confirming that with us! 

0 Kudos

DMOlatunji1978
Local Performer

@AdamPandora - is there any update on this? I see this post from almost a year ago, per my searching about this issue myself when I encountered it in my Pandora app yesterday.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DMOlatunji1978 This issue should be resolved.

To clarify, are you still seeing the issue with tracks appearing as "thumbed up on undefined" when looking at the Thumbs Up list in your profile?

If so, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

DMOlatunji1978
Local Performer

@AdamPandora - Thanks for the quick response! When I look at my Thumbs Up list from the Pandora app on my iPhone, it doesn't show undefined there. So I logged into Pandora from my laptop, and that's where I see that it's actually undefined. Please see attached screenshot. Let me know if there's any additional info that I can provide as well.ScreenShot.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @DMOlatunji1978.

I have escalated your feedback over to the engineers who were originally looking into this issue.

Thanks for reporting this. 🤝

0 Kudos

birds28
Local Performer

Same issue here. 150+ thumbed on undefined. I have no stations in "my collection". 

Screenshot 2022-01-11 8.06.46 PM.png

0 Kudos