cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download MP3s

DanceJammaLisaE
Local Performer

I want to be able to download the songs when on my pc. 

Then option to have it as a MP3 download 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanceJammaLisaE Welcome to the community!

Due to our licensing, downloading or stream-ripping is not permitted.

The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music library. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device (such as a computer), you won't be able to view those downloads.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection with a file you can access elsewhere, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

For more information on Offline Mode and Downloads, you can refer to this article.

Hope this helps explain. 

View solution in original post

27 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanceJammaLisaE Welcome to the community!

Due to our licensing, downloading or stream-ripping is not permitted.

The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

In other words, Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music library. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device (such as a computer), you won't be able to view those downloads.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection with a file you can access elsewhere, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

For more information on Offline Mode and Downloads, you can refer to this article.

Hope this helps explain. 

Al-NN4ZZ
Opening Act

I also want this feature so I can listen to my playlist when I'm on a run without having to carry a phone.   Have Pandora Premium / family.  Phones are big, heavy, suceptable to rain, sweat.  Would like to use tne Aftershokz Xtrainerz headphones that can store your music. 

Seems like the options are:

1 Pandora to add support for downloads.

2 Pandora to add support for a small music player device like is available for Spotify.  

3 drop Panora and switch to another vendor.

amro_1230
Local Performer

Hello I have 1218 Song in my thumb up. how can i download all of them? or export them as a text file if possible thx in advance.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanceJammaLisaE I moved your post to keep the community tidy.

You can view my post here for more information around downloads with Pandora.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

Al-NN4ZZ
Opening Act

trying to get a solution was a waste of time....but at least your community is tidy. 

0 Kudos

jbowden1
Local Performer

I'm pretty pissed now--I've been a Pandora subscriber since nearly the beginning and just have one question and keep getting sent back to a form that just sends me back to The Community, even though I've clicked on "contact us".

All I want to know is whether I can dl songs or podcasts to an mp3 player.  As someone else pointed out, there are a lot of options for streaming now.

TannerPandora

Hi @jbowden1 - Welcome to community. 

I've moved your post to an existing thread about MP3 players to help keep things organized. 

If you'd like to reach out to our User Support team, you can do this by email through the Pandora Help page or by clicking here

However, to answer your question, you can check out @AdamPandora's post here.

To sum it up, due to our licensing, downloading or stream-ripping is not permitted.

Depending on our subscription, any tracks downloaded will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music library. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device (such as a computer), you won't be able to view those downloads.

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

AMV
Local Performer

Hi, just bought Aftershokz Xtrainerz so I can listen while swimming/training too.  Subscribe to Pandora Premium also.  

Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos

Al-NN4ZZ
Opening Act

Hi AMV,

Sorry to say no solution from Pandora.  

Seems like the options are:

1 Pandora to add support for downloads.

2 Pandora to add support for a small music player device like is available for Spotify.  

3 drop Panora and switch to another vendor.

....Al

IanM
Local Performer

Ian Mc here.....I am considering buying a MP3 player.

How will I use it to listen to pandora  when away from my computer.

Thanks

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @IanM. 👋

We're happy to have you as a member of the Pandora Community! 

If you're away from your computer, you can listen to Pandora on-the-go using one of these devices listed here.

To find a full list of all devices supported by Pandora, you can take a look here.

In the meantime, Pandora wouldn't be supported on an MP3 player. You would need a device that could download the Pandora app such as a smart phone like an iPhone or Android. You could also use an Apple iPod device to stream.

I hope this information is helpful! Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

IanM
Local Performer

OK, I understand about your answer.  What software will I have to have on my computer to record Pandora, then I will send it to mu MP3 player.  I think you call this the backdoor.  hehe   Tks again, Ian

0 Kudos

Al-NN4ZZ
Opening Act

Found a potential solution.  Google Delphin.  A small 2 inch by 2 inch waterproof player that supports Pandora and bluetooth.  Have one on order and will test with my aftershokz headset next week.  It is meant to be used for running and swimming.  

https://www.underwateraudio.com/products/delphin-waterproof-streaming-media-player?variant=317942235...

Al

0 Kudos

JCgilbert24
Local Performer

hi i'm kinda new to Pandora and was wondering how to download my playlist that i created to my brand new MP3 player i just bought. Can someone help me with that.

I would like the help very much.  

Chandler Gilbert

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JCgilbert24 I moved your post to this thread since. you have a similar question.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to download any portion of your collection to an MP3 player.

Due to our licensing, downloading or stream-ripping is not permitted.

Depending on our subscription, any tracks downloaded will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music library. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device (such as a computer), you won't be able to view those downloads.

For more information, you can check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

Al-NN4ZZ
Opening Act

Found a potential solution for a small device that can play the downloaded Pandora (premium) playlist.  

It also has bluetooth so should work with my Aftershokz headphones.

It is waterproof for swimming and only 2" x 2" in size.

Getting it this week so should know for sure soon.

https://www.underwateraudio.com/products/delphin-waterproof-streaming-media-player?gclid=Cj0KCQjw657...

...Al

0 Kudos

Al-NN4ZZ
Opening Act

Small 2" x 2" player 

FEATURES & SPECS

- 100% Waterproof, IPX8 Rated
- Shockproof outer casing
- Full app functionality  including PANDORA
- Compact (1.8 x 1.8 x 0.6")
- Lightweight (36 grams)
- No phone required, 100% independent
- Wifi & Bluetooth enabled
- Over 6 hours of playback time on one charge
- 8/16 Gb: Store up to 4,000 songs
- Compatible with wireless & wired headphones

Google underwater audio delphin

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Al-NN4ZZ Thanks for sharing that. 👍🏽

For anyone else wondering where they can find a list of supported devices, check out this page: Pandora Everywhere

0 Kudos

Al-NN4ZZ
Opening Act

The Delphin arrived today.   Here is the setup, it took about an hour. 

Connect the Delphin to your wifi

Download the "Delphin remote app" to your phone.  This lets you type on your phone or iPad and send it to the Delphin instead of using the very tiny keyboard on the Delphin. Not mandatory but worth doing. 

Download the amazon app to the Delphin

Download the Pandora app from the Amazon app

Turn on bluetooth and connect to your wireless headphones

To save battery, turn off the wifi unless you need to download something else

Click on the Pandora app and ENJOY your music!

So far works great.  You can control the app from the Delphin buttons or headset buttons.  A great solution for runners that don't want to carry a phone.