cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

Martha-bun
Underground

I don't know if there's a newer version of this topic... The songs bleeding over to other stations is happening to me. Like another user, I'm thinking about canceling my subscription. Frank Sinatra & Benny Goodman show up on my Three Dog Night. Lots of bleeding between all of mine. I'm afraid to hit thumbs down in case it removes the song from the correct station.

Another problem is, I'm getting head-banging heavy metal, which I keep deleting, but it keeps showing up. Not good when you're playing the station for a bunch of people! It's offensive. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
33 Replies

MariaPandora

Hi @RossComer, glad to see you around!

I checked your account and it seems like you had activated a curated mode activated at the time those unexpected songs were playing.

It's not possible to remove curated modes but if you prefer your original station experience, just make sure the mode is set to "My Station".

Hope this helps clarify, and please let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos

RossComer
Underground

Thank you for the quick reply!  I'm assuming "Curated Mode" mean the selections under "Tune Your Station" and I just need to set it back to My Station.  That does seem to be working now.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos

MariaPandora

Hi @RossComer , that's correct, the selections under Tune Your Station are the Pandora Modes, which you can use to personalize your listening experience on a particular station. Not all of the Pandora Modes are Curated Modes though.

With Pandora Modes, you can take your stations in a variety of directions.

• My Station: The station you already know and love
  • Crowd Faves: Plays whichever relevant songs are the most popular
  • Discovery: Surfaces artists who don’t usually play on this station
  • Deep Cuts: Delve deeper into the discographies of the artists on your station
  • Newly Released: The newest releases from the artists featured on your station

There are also some special Modes which are the Curated Modes. These allow bands and Artists to share some of their favorite songs, stories and experiences with their fans. 

Please feel free to explore any of these modes to see if there's anything you like, you can always return to your normal station by setting the mode back to My Station.

0 Kudos

SaltyPelt
Local Performer

I have been using Pandora (paid) for way over a decade and none of these solutions has stopped the bleeding of stations. I finally canceled and moved on to Spotify. Sad time for me as the changes Pandora has made over the last year has completely ruined the experience. Y’all should have left a good thing alone. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SaltyPelt I definitely understand your frustration.

If you believe your station is playing tracks that are out of place, we'd be happy to help look into it further.

The next time that happens, please give the track a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

TsionBenJudah
Local Performer

I was listening to Pandora with my kids on their children's channel. Guidelines are Disney, Muppets, VeggieTales, and Sunday School songs. 

I also have a musical theater station I listen to. One album is Avenue Q. 

While listening with my kids ON THE KIDS STATION the song "You can be as loud as the Hell you want when you're making' love" came on. Luckily I was near my phone and quickly thumbed down it. 

I am not happy. This has happened several times with various songs. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TsionBenJudah What is the name of the station you were listening to when this happened?

Additionally, do you remember what day and around what time that song played?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

tom406
Local Performer

In what world is John Lee Hooker considered "hard rock"?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tom406 Since it sounds like you are having issues with out of place music playing on one of your stations, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time this happens, please give the track a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

SaltyPelt
Local Performer

Here we go again……… Really? Morgan Wallen on 90s rock station from Possum Kingdom. I like Morgan Wallen but don’t want it playing on Possom Kingdom Radio. I tried to give Pandora another shot. This is absolutely ridiculous. Go back to pre 2018 when all we had were stations and do what you used to be best at Pandora. This **ahem** bad. I don’t need all these stupid features. Stations only that play that one genre. 

0 Kudos

greenfilament
Local Performer

I have a techno/edm station "Dance Techno" that recently started playing heavy metal and classic rock. No matter how much I thumbs down the wrong genre songs, it keeps playing more. How do I get it to stop?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @greenfilament 

Welcome to community!

I checked out your 'Dance Techno' radio station. There is an added song called 'Pretty Rave Girl (Remix)' in your seed list that's causing the out of place tracks. This song is actually by a group called Nitro, which seems to be a heavy metal band.

Removing this seed will help improve your station experience. If you need help with removing the seed, let me know.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

johnburgs
Local Performer

I detest Barbershop Quartet Music. I have been down thumbing it for DECADES, but I still frequently (sometimes several a day) suffer it on my Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris Channel.  Thumbs down does nothing. Pandora's "algorithm" is fictitious.  Seriously, Barbershop Quartet music should only be broadcast by specific demand, in writing.

FYI, Back was Pandora was new, I once had a paid Pandora subscription.  The Barbershop Quartet issue presented itself on day one.  Halfway through my subscription I called Pandora customer service, back when you could do that, and got a disinterested young man who said to thumbs down a few Barbershop tracks and it'll stop. A couple of weeks later I called again and got the same young man.  I informed him that the Barbershop noise was still playing, sometimes a couple an hour.  He said that was impossible, because of Pandora's magical "algorithm".  We went around about how the "algorithm" didn't work. According to him it was flawless. I politely explained that I wasn't going to pay to hear Barbershop music, and if it wasn't a fixable problem, I wasn't going to renew my subscription, it was that simple. He accused me of "making threats" and refused to let me speak to a supervisor.  Not only that, but the Barbershop "somehow" became more frequent. I didn't renew.  Despite giving the thumbs down to every Barbershop Quartet song ever recorded , I still get them.  I got another yesterday,  but Barbershop has been steadily replaced by Gangster Rap in several languages.   There SHOULD be a way to flat out delete or ban an entire unwanted genre of noise from a Pandora users feed.  Pandora shouldn't be a forced music appreciation experience.  People want to hear what they want to hear and the thumbs down feature is useless.

If Pandora ever wants to gain more paid subscribers, they need to FIX this.  Pandora is chasing away paid customers by force feeding unwanted obnoxious noise at customers who don't want it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@johnburgs I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

If you believe your station is playing tracks that are out of place, we'd be happy to help look into it further.

The next time that happens, please give the track a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to: Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris Channel

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos