cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Edit Station

herrmanbrooke
Local Performer

How can I remove an artist I accidentally added to one of my stations? I do not see an option to do this. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @herrmanbrooke! Thanks for posting.

I've posted some general steps on how to edit your stations from either your mobile device or the web, including how to remove variety from a station. 

Let me know if you need additional help! Thanks!

How to edit your stations on your mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.

3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station, and scroll down.

You can edit the following aspects of your station (assuming it is not a genre station, as genre stations are created by Pandora and cannot be edited):

To edit the station name:

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Change the name of your station, and tap Done to save any changes.

To add variety:

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From and tap the + Add Variety button. Search for an artist or track.

To remove variety:

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From, which shows the "station seeds" that you've added in the past. Tap the small (X) beside any item you'd like to delete.

To edit the thumbs on your station:

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Then scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs, and tap the (X) beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove. 

++

How to edit your stations on a computer:

First make sure you're signed into your Pandora account on a computer.

Then, click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available from your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

This will take you to a station details page which shows you information about your personalized station.

If you'd like to edit your station's name or description, click on the small pencil icon to the left of the play button. If you are a Pandora Premium subscriber, click the ellipsis to the right of the play button and select the edit option with the small pencil icon. Keep in mind that once you enter "edit station" mode, you'll need to save your changes when you're done.

If you don't want to edit your station's name or description, then you can simply scroll down to view or edit your station's seeds and thumb activity.

To add/remove variety:

To add or remove variety, scroll down to the Station Created From section. To add variety, choose + Add Variety and either enter the name of another song or artist, or roll your cursor over a suggested artist. Whichever you choose, click on the (+) sign that appears to add that artist or song to your station. If you make a mistake, you can delete a current station seed by tapping the ellipsis on that seed, or by hovering over the seed name and selecting Delete.

To view your thumbed-up or thumbed-down tracks, or to edit them, scroll down to the Thumb History section of the station's page. By default this section will show your thumbed-up tracks first. If you'd like to see your thumbs down, click on the thumbs down icon.

To delete a thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). As before, select Delete to remove that thumb from your station.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @herrmanbrooke! Thanks for posting.

I've posted some general steps on how to edit your stations from either your mobile device or the web, including how to remove variety from a station. 

Let me know if you need additional help! Thanks!

How to edit your stations on your mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap either the Thumb or small "i" icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.

3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play button) to edit your station, and scroll down.

You can edit the following aspects of your station (assuming it is not a genre station, as genre stations are created by Pandora and cannot be edited):

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Change the name of your station, and tap Done to save any changes.

To add variety:

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From and tap the + Add Variety button. Search for an artist or track.

To remove variety:

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Scroll down to Station Created From, which shows the "station seeds" that you've added in the past. Tap the small (X) beside any item you'd like to delete.

Tap the pencil icon to the left of the play button to open edit mode. Then scroll down to either your Thumbed Up Songs or your Thumbed Down Songs, and tap the (X) beside whichever thumb ratings you'd like to remove. 

++

How to edit your stations on a computer:

First make sure you're signed into your Pandora account on a computer.

Then, click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. If the station is not available from your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.

This will take you to a station details page which shows you information about your personalized station.

If you'd like to edit your station's name or description, click on the small pencil icon to the left of the play button. If you are a Pandora Premium subscriber, click the ellipsis to the right of the play button and select the edit option with the small pencil icon. Keep in mind that once you enter "edit station" mode, you'll need to save your changes when you're done.

If you don't want to edit your station's name or description, then you can simply scroll down to view or edit your station's seeds and thumb activity.

To add/remove variety:

To add or remove variety, scroll down to the Station Created From section. To add variety, choose + Add Variety and either enter the name of another song or artist, or roll your cursor over a suggested artist. Whichever you choose, click on the (+) sign that appears to add that artist or song to your station. If you make a mistake, you can delete a current station seed by tapping the ellipsis on that seed, or by hovering over the seed name and selecting Delete.

To view your thumbed-up or thumbed-down tracks, or to edit them, scroll down to the Thumb History section of the station's page. By default this section will show your thumbed-up tracks first. If you'd like to see your thumbs down, click on the thumbs down icon.

To delete a thumbed track, simply roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). As before, select Delete to remove that thumb from your station.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DEfan
Underground

I can only find Delete this channel but nothing to add or remove artist. Is this up to date or have they changed things since 2020? I'm on a PC, not a mobile device.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DEfan What is the name of the station you are attempting to add variety to?

Additionally, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

DEfan
Underground

Can't add a group of my choice to a station I created on PC

I have several stations and I have added groups in the past when Pandora is acting like they don't exist. Now I read to go to hear and there and none of it works. I get two options, either 1) Delete the collection (the whole station) or 2) Share the station....nothing else. What is going on? Help

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DEfan I'm happy to help look into this.

Please send me:

• the name of the station you are unable to add variety to
  • the name of the groups you'd like to add as variety to that station
  • a screenshot of what you are seeing on your computer where you should be able to add variety

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

muzikmark
Local Performer

Any way to ommitt the word "The" from in front of Artists?

Sorting my saved stations alphabetically has a **ahem** ton with the artist starting as "The".

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@muzikmark As long as the station is created based off a song or artist, you do have the option of re-naming it.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can edit the name of your stations to remove the word "The" from them. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

espressohound
Local Performer

Today I tried deleting several thumb up songs and got an error message saying “Cannot delete thumbs”. Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@espressohound Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What is the name of the tracks you are trying to remove from your Thumbs Up list, and from what station?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Keukakid
Underground

The solutions on this page seem out of date.  I want to rename a station and add variety.  On the computer using Chrome, the pencil is never displayed.  On my Android phone, the pencil only allows me to delete thumbed up/down songs.

0 Kudos

chasfh
Local Performer

I have already been told in another thread that Pandora no longer allows you to rename stations or add variety. Probably has to do with royalty agreements or some such thing.

0 Kudos

chasfh
Local Performer

@KeukakidHere is that thread:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/My-Collection/Edit-button-grayed-out-on-genre-stations/m-p/121056#M...

My favorite part is Adam Panda telling me that allowing people to personalize their stations was a bug.

0 Kudos