cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Shuffle Stations

mjmchang
Local Performer

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shuffle my collection/stations! The old pandora version had the "Shuffle: option, but not it does not, both desktop and mobile version!

I only have the option of selecting a certain station in my collection but not shuffling all the songs in all my collections! This is so annoying, please bring back the old version and allow shuffling.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

GaryA714
Local Performer

My screen looks nothing like the one you showed… and ain’t a shuffle option anywhere

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GaryA714 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

You do have the ability to customize your shuffle settings where you can pick and choose which stations to include.

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to do so. (make sure to follow the instructions for Premium users since you are upgraded to Pandora Premium)

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jmcinvale
Local Performer

How do I get Pandora on PC to play songs from multiple stations in my collection as though it was one station?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmcinvale I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

Since you are upgraded to Pandora Premium, you can shuffle your stations with the following steps:

1. Go to My Collection
  2. Sort the collection by Stations
  3. Select Shuffle Stations at the top of the screen

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ithinktfiam
Underground

Constantly adding any post that mentions shuffle to a single thread, regardless of the different problems, does nothing to solve each individual problem. Neither does ignoring the problems for years.

mmyokum
Local Performer

Update: I figured out that you need to delete the app from your phone and re-down load it. 

This is NOT helpful as none of those shuffle options are there any more...  Yes this is how I used to be able to do it, but now there seems to be no way to shuffle on my iphone and I may as well cancel my subscription.  I like to play it at our coffee shop, but my customers really liked my shuffled stations. 

mmyokum
Local Performer

Delete the app and re-download it to your phone and your shuffle options should be back as they should be.  To edit which stations are played when shuffle is on. Go to your collection, swipe the shuffle bar at the top of the stations, and click on the edit icon.  Boom!  fixed.  Hope this works as well for you as it did for me. 

0 Kudos

ithinktfiam
Underground

I don't play it on my phone but on my computers. It's playing in the browser and that it under control of Pandora.

0 Kudos

mike44
Opening Act

On Android version 1812.2, there is no way to edit the shuffle list. There is no edit icon..  Only Shuffle ALL is an option.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mike44 Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

daviealday
Local Performer

Thank you so much

Nickysummer
Local Performer

This is so stupid just go back to the old simple style I hate this app now really something so simple as have shuffle play shouldn't have to be so complicated 

jmcinvale
Local Performer

I know there's a way to do it with the PC app as I did it a few months ago, but I need a memory refresher on how I can select multiple stations to play from as though they were one big station.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmcinvale You should be able to customize your shuffle selections.

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to do so.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

finernfrogfur
Underground

Hi, I have the free Pandora level and listen on my laptop (Windows).  I can't delete/remove a particular station from my Shuffle list or My Collection.  Every time I open Pandora the last station I listened to should be at the top of the list and begin playing, however; the station I've been trying to delete/remove keeps popping up and playing instead.  I have Shuffle turned OFF and in My Collection clicked on the 3 dots > Remove From Your Collection > click ok.  I have logged out of Pandora, restarted my laptop hoping that would clear the glitch, but the station is still there.  The station simply won't go away!!  PLEASE GIVE ME DIRECTIONS TO CLEAR THIS GLITCH ONCE AND FOR ALL - PLEASE!!!!    

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@finernfrogfur It sounds like you may need to check the bookmark that you use to access Pandora.

It should only be: https://www.pandora.com

If there is anything added onto to it (e.g., https://www.pandora.com/#/genres/top), then erase that. That is most likely the problem.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

I ❤️ your attention to detail in enumerating the problem!  Hopefully you can get this ironed out.

nicolekuehl2010
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue. The button is just not there anymore. Please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nicolekuehl2010 Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

finernfrogfur
Underground

Hi, I replied to someone's post regarding something similar to my issue hoping someone might be able to help me resolve my issue and now I can't find, or remember, the Subject Line of that post to get back to it and read Pandora's replies trying to help me resolve my issue. Sooo...I'm starting my own post, which I should have done to begin with (lol).

I have the free Pandora version and listen to music on my laptop (Windows) and iPhone SE.
I am unable to delete/remove a particular station from Shuffle and My Collection. This issue is happening on both my laptop and iPhone.

All of the troubleshooting steps I've taken have been on my laptop as my cell phone screen is too small. I'm old school and can type by touch really fast on my laptop plus the screen is easy for me to see, however; if I'm on my phone it's henpecking with 1 finger and the screen is too small for me to easily maneuver.

On My Collection I've clicked on the 3 dots for the station I want to delete/remove > clicked on Remove from your collection > clicked on Remove station. I've checked My Profile > Settings > Notifications and toggled the 2 options, From Pandora and From Artists, to off and there is no Save tab. There aren't any other options under My Profile that I can click on. I've restarted my laptop each time I tried the troubleshooting steps noted above and that station is still there - IT WON'T GO AWAY.

I could ignore it and just let it be on my playlist, but it's always the station that begins playing whenever I log into Pandora even though it's not the last station I listened to, nor had I listened to it at all the previous time I had my laptop on and was listening to music. Shuffle is always turned off. Also, I've made sure that the URL is Pandora.com with nothing after that. This station is relentless I tell you, IT WON'T GO AWAY.

0 Kudos