cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Shuffle Stations

mjmchang
Local Performer

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shuffle my collection/stations! The old pandora version had the "Shuffle: option, but not it does not, both desktop and mobile version!

I only have the option of selecting a certain station in my collection but not shuffling all the songs in all my collections! This is so annoying, please bring back the old version and allow shuffling.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @mjmchang! Thanks for posting.

Below are steps on how to start a shuffle, edit your shuffle and exit shuffle for web/desktop, iOS devices and Android devices.

-How to shuffle on the Web/Desktop app:

Shuffling from the Now Playing screen:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners can find the option to shuffle your stations above the station list.

Shuffling from the My Collection page:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners will first sort the collection by Stations and then select Shuffle Stations.
  • Premium listeners can go to My Collection, and sort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.
  • All tiers can switch between Shuffle All and a custom shuffle: just click the carat (down arrow) on the Shuffle On icon and choose either Shuffle All or Custom.

Customizing Shuffle Stations:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

To exit Shuffle, simply select and play an individual station.

++

-How to shuffle on iOS:

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Pandora Plus listeners, swipe the Shuffle Stations icon bar at the top of your stations list from right to left. Then tap the Pencil that appears.
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

++

- How to shuffle on Android:

You can edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List.

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Plus listeners, press and hold the Shuffle stations option at the top of your Station List.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, you can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.

Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

++

- How to exit Shuffle:

To turn shuffle off, simply click or tap the name of a different station.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

91 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @mjmchang! Thanks for posting.

Below are steps on how to start a shuffle, edit your shuffle and exit shuffle for web/desktop, iOS devices and Android devices.

-How to shuffle on the Web/Desktop app:

Shuffling from the Now Playing screen:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners can find the option to shuffle your stations above the station list.

Shuffling from the My Collection page:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners will first sort the collection by Stations and then select Shuffle Stations.
  • Premium listeners can go to My Collection, and sort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.
  • All tiers can switch between Shuffle All and a custom shuffle: just click the carat (down arrow) on the Shuffle On icon and choose either Shuffle All or Custom.

Customizing Shuffle Stations:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

To exit Shuffle, simply select and play an individual station.

++

-How to shuffle on iOS:

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Pandora Plus listeners, swipe the Shuffle Stations icon bar at the top of your stations list from right to left. Then tap the Pencil that appears.
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

++

- How to shuffle on Android:

You can edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List.

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Plus listeners, press and hold the Shuffle stations option at the top of your Station List.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, you can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.

Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

++

- How to exit Shuffle:

To turn shuffle off, simply click or tap the name of a different station.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

lucario114
Local Performer

I'm also having this issue, I was using Pandora as a free user for many years and finally decided to upgrade to premium, but only then do I find that the shuffle option is now missing on both my lg g6 and my windows 10 pc using chrome as the browser. I had it on both before I upgraded and now I have it on neither. I really didn't think I would lose features upgrading to premium...

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @lucario114. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to Shuffle Stations

The shuffle feature is available with all tiers / subscriptions of Pandora.  

Please check out the accepted solution of this thread for more information about how to shuffle on your devices. We also have this helpful article about shuffle here.

If you run into any trouble with this, please let us know. We're always happy to help! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Pfmtrco
Local Performer

How do I enable shuffle? It is not on my playlist!

0 Kudos

@Pfmtrco  what device are you using? 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pfmtrco I moved your post over to this thread to keep the Community organized: How to Shuffle Stations

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to shuffle your stations.

If you continue to run into issues with this, please let me know the make and model of the device you are using.

Hope this helps! 

Username8592
Local Performer

When I use a trial of premium to say play one song (by watching ad) I go back to my collection to go back to regular listening to my stations shuffled but with the premium ad trial the shuffle button is gone

Phone: galaxy s10e

Android 10 (oneUI version 2.5)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Username8592 When on a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, you should still be able to shuffle your collected stations.

To do so, navigate to My Collection, and sort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations.

Let me know if this helps.

dhawkins477
Local Performer

Thanks so much.  So helpful!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dhawkins477 Always happy to help. 😎

0 Kudos

mrscajun07
Local Performer

It's not giving me an option to shuffle

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mrscajun07 Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to shuffle your stations.

If you continue to run into issues with this, please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

QueenofChaos
Local Performer

this has not solved my problem as there is absolutely no "shuffle" tab or button anywhere on my android or desktop.  I checked the app store to make sure I had the up-to-date version, and I do.  What do I try next? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@QueenofChaos Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing where the Shuffle option should be?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

mikemontana
Local Performer

From the search results, I see that "shuffle" problems are a consistent issue for this application. Why is shuffle hard to get right? I upgraded to "Premium" on the hopes that there'd be the ability to shuffle-in deep cuts from each/any station in my list as I was getting tired of hearing the same top-10 songs from each station with not-much-variety.

Most importantly: How do I get my shuffle ability back?

I am using Pandora on my pc (as a web-login, not the Win10 app), and on my Android. I see the same issue on both, and I see that both devices recognize the account status change (good).

Things I've tried:
1) Different browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome) running on Win10
2) Ensure that the Pandora-Windows-Application is not installed
3) Sign out, Clear all cache for Chrome, restart PC, login-again @ chrome. Same issue

I do see this in the Chrome Debugger Window:
The above error occurred in task initializeRecentlyPlayedOnPremiumWelcome

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mikemontana I moved your post over to this thread to keep the Community organized: How to Shuffle Stations

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to shuffle your stations. (Make sure to follow the steps specifically pointed out for Pandora Premium users.)

If you continue to run into issues with this, please let me know the make and model of the device you are using.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

mikemontana
Local Performer

Ah, thanks! There it is: "Premium listeners can go to My Collection, and sort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations."

Is there a way to make the shuffle include "deep cuts" ?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mikemontana Always happy to help!

While there isn't currently a way to shuffle your stations while in Deep Cuts Mode, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️if you'd like to see that option added to the service: Modes in Shuffle customization

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

rickgould618
Local Performer

I'm trying to figure out how to shuffle my stations

0 Kudos