cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add variety to a station

alc515
Local Performer

Hello!

I'm hoping the community has some good answers for me...

I use to be able to 'Add Variety' to a station I already created.

I am familiar with going to the Station details to see the seeds the 'Station Created From', however I no longer see the button to 'Add Variety'. When I click on the '...' (ellipsis) that would give me an option to 'Edit Station', that option is greyed out- I can see it, but I can't click it.

Is this for Pandora Plus members or for Pandora Premium members? Or does this option not exist at all anymore?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
105 Replies

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, thanks I figured it out. I added the songs. Just waiting for my station to pick 'em up as I'm fine tuning. I've had so much fun this morning.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 Happy to hear it. 😎

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm starting to get some of my Huey Lewis songs now, but am working on getting Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire song. Could you help me figure out which version to add? I typed it in the search box, but it's coming up with the 50 CD, but I put in the live in Madison one.

0 Kudos

Twincaman
Local Performer
The only thing that helped me was to create a whole station of whichever artist you want and add that.  I always play a shuffle of 10 or 12 stations.
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, I'll try that soon after I finish getting my Huey Lewis station fixed good.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Oh yeah, I just got Billy Joel's We Didn't Start The Fire song on his original CD called Storm Front and now Huey is starting to bring out more of his songs for me :0).

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

My Huey Lewis station is going pretty good. I'm finding alot of my singers having 70s songs. Just got one by Jackson Browne. Do I start up the station with the song I'm listening to? Just curious.

0 Kudos

Twincaman
Local Performer
I just created the artist station and added it to my shuffle stack.  Artist stations also contain tunes by similar artists so there's some overlap but I don't care, I'm just looking for variety.   Pandora seems to be limited to only certain tunes and so it gets kinda repetitive, but maybe that's what most people want.
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, that makes sense to me. I had to quit trying to redo my Huey station and see who he really is similar to before I started over again. That's when the problem starts if I don't have the 100% similar artist in there.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I discovered that Robert Palmer wasn't the 100% similar artist the make Huey Lewis work better in his station. Rick Springfield is the one that is 100% :0). That's why I was having so much trouble with my Huey Lewis station. I've going now after starting over again last night. I got aggravated a little bit. It shouldn't have been so hard to start over and get good results on my new Huey Lewis station.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

My new Huey Lewis station is different. He's like in the middle with a bunch of 60s, 70s and 2000s songs in there with him haha. John Fogerty and Creedance Clear Water is in there too. I don't mind it being that way. Huey Lewis was just so hard to figure out who he is similar to.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I have another question. Do I need to thumb up more than one song on Huey Lewis' CD called Power Of Love: Best Of Huey Lewis & The News? Just curious. I'm doing really good on my Huey Lewis station redo.

0 Kudos

Twincaman
Local Performer
Thumbs up songs get played more often, but its not necessary.
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Okay, do I need to move up my other Huey Lewis songs so they'll get attention when they come around? They are on the very bottom with Rick Springfield's name. I'm trying to be careful not to make a mess again where I have to start all over again 'cause I got my new station going awesome right now. It doesn't bother me to leave 'em on the bottom 'til one comes up on my station for me to move up.

0 Kudos

Twincaman
Local Performer
I don't know.   Pandora used to be more user friendly but there's less control now and mods have become more complicated.  The thumbs up button is useful but the thumbs down will totally block the tune.  There used to be an option to "play less often" but that's been long gone.  Also, the variety isn't what it should be.  I find myself now listening mostly to SiriusXM's Underground garage which has way more variety and very interesting DJs that give tidbits of rock n roll history.
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

That's okay, I find myself thumbing up more than one song on the same CD sometimes. I threw my Huey Lewis station off a little bit, but I got it back on track. I love the radio songs and didn't know that they actually save my thumbs ups and downs to make it go smoother :0). When I first started using Pandora I thumbed up those radio songs accidentally in almost all of my stations I built and when I went to listen to one of 'em it was acting weird so I found some time to go through all my stations and add 'em as variety seeds. I have Joe Walsh and also his group James Gang in my Huey Lewis station. He's crazy and makes me laugh really hard haha. I think he's so different from the other guys in the Eagles group.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I accidentally took off the Babe song by Styx from my thumbs ups. If I put it back on my variety seeds list would it come back for me to thumb up again? My Huey Lewis station kinda veered off just a little and I was going through some of my songs and accidentally took it off.

0 Kudos

Twincaman
Local Performer
I dunno. I would guess so.

Sent from my Enigma Machine
0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

That's okay, I'm going through my new Huey Lewis station to weed out songs that I found in my John Fogerty station so the other songs and artists he has in his can come into Huey Lewis' station. I've got some I don't have in his and I'm going taking out the other version of songs that were found on CDs I thumbed up. I'm sure that the Babe song by Styx will come back. If not, I can make a Styx station and it'll come back in that way :0). I get some messed up when Pandora tells me to change the song to the CD I already have thumbed up haha. I didn't do my Huey Lewis station that well in the beginning when I did it in 2018 so I decided to start over and I got it alot better now that I know that Rick Springfield is the similar artist to Huey Lewis instead of Robert Palmer. He wasn't working 'cause Robert Palmer is 94% close to him, but I should have put in Rick Springfield if I knew it back then.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'll keep you posted on the Babe song by Styx. I'm starting to get the other songs on my list that I want to have on my station. This is so fun :0).

0 Kudos