cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add variety to a station

alc515
Local Performer

Hello!

I'm hoping the community has some good answers for me...

I use to be able to 'Add Variety' to a station I already created.

I am familiar with going to the Station details to see the seeds the 'Station Created From', however I no longer see the button to 'Add Variety'. When I click on the '...' (ellipsis) that would give me an option to 'Edit Station', that option is greyed out- I can see it, but I can't click it.

Is this for Pandora Plus members or for Pandora Premium members? Or does this option not exist at all anymore?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
42 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @zenrn71. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Adding Variety:

To add variety from a computer, click on the name of the station you'd like to edit.

• If the station is not available from your Now Playing page, click on the My Collection button first, sort your collection by Stations, and then select the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  • From there you can Add Variety to your station by scrolling down to the Station Created From section. Then choose + Add Variety.
  • Next, either enter the name of another song or artist, or roll your cursor over a suggested artist. Whichever you choose, hover your mouse over your selection and click on the "+" sign that appears to add that seed to your station.

That said, you can use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app. You can pick different modes like, Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts. Then be sure to Thumb Up songs you liked to inspire similar songs to play.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way.

++

Adding Variety to Genre Stations:

You won't be able to Add Variety to your Thumbprint Radio, or to genre stations curated by Pandora. 

Genre stations, such as "Today's Hits" or "Classic Rock," are stations curated by Pandora, and they behave a little bit differently than your own personalized stations. One difference is that you cannot Add Variety to these stations. That's because Adding Variety could change your listening experience on these stations; added seeds would most likely inspire music outside of the scope of the intended genre.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

HauseGheist
Local Performer

@TannerPandora this is still a problem in 2021 on mobile and desktop. All of my stations are affected. Workout Hits Radio is the only one I really care about at the moment.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @HauseGheist. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Looks like you're referring to Workout Hits Radio:

500W_500H.jpg

Since this is a genre station is created and curated by Pandora, they behave a little bit differently than your own personalized stations (ex. stations created based on an artist / song seed). One difference is that you cannot Add Variety to these stations. Adding Variety could change your listening experience on these stations; added seeds would most likely inspire music outside of the scope of the intended genre.

If you're having trouble with a personalized station (not genre), please let me know and I can take a look.

Hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos