cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add variety to a station

alc515
Local Performer

Hello!

I'm hoping the community has some good answers for me...

I use to be able to 'Add Variety' to a station I already created.

I am familiar with going to the Station details to see the seeds the 'Station Created From', however I no longer see the button to 'Add Variety'. When I click on the '...' (ellipsis) that would give me an option to 'Edit Station', that option is greyed out- I can see it, but I can't click it.

Is this for Pandora Plus members or for Pandora Premium members? Or does this option not exist at all anymore?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
105 Replies

Listener001
Not applicable

It's starting to look good now. My Huey Lewis & The News song I thumbed up on their Power Of Love: Best Of Huey Lewis & The News just came on and started the lineup right so now I'm rethumbing up the songs I had thumbed up before and hopefully the Babe song by Styx will come back around for me to thumb up. Sometimes, I get my stations goofed up a little and Pandora confuses me sometimes when it shows the song on a different CD. I remember alot of songs from the 80s. There was one that caught me by surprise when it came on. The group is called J Giels Band and they sing a song called Freeze Frame. I looked up the video on YouTube.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I did something crazy and didn't realize it. I've been looking through my John Fogerty station for songs that I might've accidentally thumbed up in my Huey Lewis station and I come across putting the Bee Gees in John Fogerty's station. They are a pop group. I took off the Bee Gees and now I'm getting the other rock songs that weren't playing at all. I've never done that before haha. I always check the artists to see if they are pop or rock to keep it simple.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm trying to find Mick Jagger's song Lucky In Love to add to my variety seeds. Could you help me find it? It's on his very best of Mick Jagger CD.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I'm gonna have to redo my Huey Lewis station. It messed up again. I don't know what happened and was almost done with it this morning when it messed up.

Update: I figured out what I needed to do on my redo. I should have left off Robert Palmer and add him to my variety seeds list when a song of his comes up for me to thumb up. I'm gonna move Huey Lewis' songs and Rick Springfield to the top of the variety list later after I make sure no more artists comes in for me to add. I think that's what messes me up sometimes. I get so confused 'cause I have to check my John Fogerty station to see if I don't already have a song by a particular artist before I thumb up in my Huey Lewis station. Huey Lewis is so hard to work with haha.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I think my Huey Lewis station is finally working right now after the redo this morning. I'm having to check my John Fogerty station really good in between 'cause I had some songs in there that I didn't realize that I had thumbed up. I call it a fall cleanup on his station.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Alight, I got it going now :0). Huey Lewis is finally working for me. My John Fogerty station apparently had some songs that were moved to the right album so I had to take the old ones off to make his station work better. They are in my Huey Lewis station now so I'll put those back in John Fogerty's station when I listen to his sometime and update his station with the current album that the songs play on.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I really got Huey Lewis playing now. Got another song by Huey Lewis in my playlist. Could you check my thumbs up playlist to make sure I don't have any doubled thumbs ups on the same CD. The link to my station is https://www.pandora.com/station/play/171348993731724937. Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's going good, but really slow getting it perfect.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

My Huey Lewis station had me flipping songs around and moving up the song that I want to add up on my variety seeds list. It made me laugh doing it with Julian Lennon's song Too Late For Goodbyes I don't know how many times. Maybe at least 10 times. Still haven't got it back yet haha. I'm working on it :0).

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Garth Brooks did a song with Billy Joel called Shameless. It's actual Billy Joel's song they wrote together and Garth Brooks sings it on one of his own CDs too. I've been trying to figure out how to get that song on my new updated Huey Lewis station. I've already got Garth Brooks live version of Shameless on it, but am trying to get the song where Billy and Garth sang the song together live in New York one year. Do you think if I put up Billy's Shameless live in Shea Stadium Queens, NY on my variety seeds list that it would play it on my new updated Huey Lewis station even though I have Garth Brooks' live radio song version of Shameless on it? Just curious. I love that song alot by both of 'em :0).

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

Something just wasn't right in my new updated Huey Lewis station and I had to start all over again. I'm gonna have you check my playlist once I start to get it going so you can make sure I don't have any double thumbs ups on the same CD. My playlist was looking so fun with songs I've heard of before and some that I remember back in my day and it started going so weird last night before I went to bed. It put out too much pop and I figured out what the problem was. I had James Taylor in it and also in my John Fogerty station so I took him off both places. My new updated Huey Lewis station is doing so much better. He's really pop than rock. In my music collection where I've got a bunch of saved albums he's pop and country. I always confuse myself with James Taylor 'cause I always thought he was rock too, but it's Eric Clapton that's more rock to me :0). After, I started over I only got Shameless by Garth Brooks. It's a radio song so I'm hoping at some point I'll get the live Billy Joel one where he did it with Garth Brooks.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

It's looking good now. Could you check my playlist to see if I have Hip To Be Square by Huey Lewus thumbed up. I'm sure it is, but wanted to make sure :0). The link to my new updated Huey Lewis station is https://www.pandora.com/station/play/178847663033159474. Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm gonna take a little break when another radio song comes on and finishes to start the next lineup of songs :0). Let me know if it's thumbed up.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I got excited this morning and decided to get up early and work on my new updated Huey Lewis station since I'm going to my friend's house tomorrow night to sleepover. I'm getting the hang of building it the way I wanted it years ago and I am beginning to understand those radio songs that I accidentally thumbed up in my other stations and didn't realize it :0). I move up Huey Lewis and Rick Springfield on my list to keep his new station going smooth. I not had any troubles with it. Maybe just a little bit where I accidentally thumb up more than one song on a CD, but I got it all out of that mess I made in it haha. Being patient with building a station the way I like it is what I need to be. I remember when I messed up my George Strait 80s station and I couldn't fix it the way it veered off so bad. It still bothers me a little, but it's okay 'cause I made an awesome playlist in Tidal that made me feel so much better.

Update: It looks like my new updated Huey Lewis station has the regular song and the live song. That's pretty cool. It's working that way. I love the live versions of songs.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I have a question. Sometimes, there's just one song I really like on a CD. When I get the song that I want to thumb up do I leave the song on my variety seeds list so it will play it all the time? Just curious.

0 Kudos

Alansak
Underground

It’s a simple question. How do I add an artist to my playlist? I can’t find either instructions or a way to do it and yet it’s so basic.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Alansak I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to add variety to a station

It sounds like you are attempting to add an artist as variety to one of your collected stations.

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to add variety to your station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I got to thinking about something while I was trying to get my new Huey Lewis station the way I want it to, but I had to stop and try to figure it out a little more I tried again 'cause everytime I started over it kept veering off so bad to pop music and it was hard to get it back on track.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I started over again yesterday morning after thinking about it a little bit. It comes to find out that Air Supply and U2 weren't pointing to the CD that has my favorite songs on 'em so here's what I had to do. This little tip can be for anybody who puts Air Supply and U2 in their station :0). When I looked up Making Love Out Of Nothing At All by Air Supply I noticed that it wasn't pointing to the actual CD so I just added what's listed and when the CD came around with the song on it I just thumbed it up and left the song still added to my list for a little while longer 'til it comes on my station, but may have to thumb up another song to get it. You have to leave it listed in your variety seeds list for awhile to get this song. U2 was another I had troubles with. I noticed that the actual CD didn't have Where The Streets Have No Name. It's now pointing to the singles CD with this song on it. It's the one with the guys on the cover. The original CD is called Joshua Tree so you won't find the actual song except the live one so I had to put in the singles version one my list to make my station work better.

Update on where to find Making Love Out Of Nothing At All by Air Supply. You would find it on their All Out Of Love CD with the other song called Lonely Is The Night. I love that song too ;0).

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

I thought I had another problem on my new updated Huey Lewis station. Could you check into something for me with the Indigo Girls Closer To Fine song? I had to switch around on CDs where the song is and the only CD that works better is the on the folk CD they have. Here's the link to it https://www.pandora.com/artist/indigo-girls/cool-as-folk/closer-to-fine/TRx9nbXqkV2z57q. The other ones in the search list don't work at all. When I woke up this morning I thumbed up Closer To Fine on their folk CD and my new updatded Huey Lewis got back on track so now I'm fine more stuff and rethumbing back up the songs that I did in the beginning :0). I don't want anybody else to have the same problem I did. It sorted threw my playlist off just a little bit and caused me some confusion which CD I needed to add to my list, but it's okay now. There's another one that works too which is the live version of Closer To Fine. The link to it is https://www.pandora.com/artist/indigo-girls/staring-down-the-brilliant-dream/closer-to-fine/TRxgcpZd... so the two I mentioned works good on my new Huey Lewis station. The others don't work at all. Thanks, for being patient with me on this :0).

0 Kudos

jungfrau43
Local Performer

Been a member of Pandora since 2012.  I remember back in that time there was a way one could "add" a new artist?  At that time I'd added Chick Corea, Melgrew Miller, Herbie Hancock, and several more so that I could listen to their tracks.  So far on my Jazz station(s) that I'd created, only Herbie and one more shows up while listening to that station.  I don't see that available here now.  Just wondering.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jungfrau43!

Welcome to community. I moved your post over to an existing thread  - How to add variety to a station.

Depending on how many artists or tracks you've added as variety, you may need to tap View All to see a complete list. I'm happy to take a closer look though, can you let me know the station or stations you're having trouble with? Please include the artists that you've added that you may not be seeing now.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos