cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get deep tracks by artist

cerhorn
Local Performer

So I signed up for Premium via the trial period.  It lets me edit my stations with modes.  Sounds good until you do it.  What I want is Artist only deep tracks for each of my artist stations - basically give me deep cuts for only the artist that applies to that station.  But no!  If you choose Artist Only you get the overplayed top tracks.  Or if you choose Deep Tracks, you get almost exclusively other artists than the one you chose for the station.  And STUPID choices - like getting a ZZ Top track on the Sting artist station.  Really?  Does anyone know how I can get rich, deep content limited to the artist for each artist station?  Is it even possible?  I'm getting tired of Rosanna over and over on the Toto station........

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

BBessemer
Local Performer

The information from TannerPandora was very helpful to me.  I've been meaning to check on deep cuts since I heard the first commercial and I finally got here.  I won't be buying anything but I like that I can select the exact songs I want on a station~didn't know that til just now.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @cerhorn thanks for posting to community! ❤️

It may be worth noting that you are in fact signed up for a 30-day trial of Pandora Plus, not Premium, through Google Play. 

Due to licensing requirements, Artist Only mode requires a Pandora Premium subscription or complimentary Pandora Premium Session. Free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers can activate a temporary and complimentary session of Pandora Premium by viewing an advertisement. When the Premium session ends, your account will return to your regular service automatically. 

From your description about receiving 'exclusively other artist', it sounds like you may have been in Discovery, which surfaces artists who don’t usually play on this station. As Deep Cuts mode focuses on playing lesser-known tracks by the artists that normally play on your station. However, keep in mind, that licensing regulations will still apply while in Modes. 

Also, if you've added any variety to a station, the variety will also be included in the Modes selection. 

Some tips that may help:

• To explore deeper cuts in an artist's collection you can create a new song-based station, that'll narrow the parameters of the music you're likely to hear.
  • Be sure to Thumb down tracks that do not fit. This will prevent that song from playing again, and Pandora will learn more about what you don't want to hear.
  • Make sure each of the thumbs-up you've given fits in with the type of station you are trying to create. If not, then remove that thumbs-up rating from the station page.

If you continue to have trouble, let me know the station name and I can closer look. 

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

cerhorn
Local Performer

Well, that is why the free trial is worth exploring.  But Premium at $120 a year is just not worth it  for my usage.  I think if you're going to provide modes at all, then provide all the modes or nothing.  I'm going to cancel the Plus subscription and go back to free, while looking for another solution for tunes in my vehicle.  Sad - it seemed to have a lot of potential.  

0 Kudos

BBessemer
Local Performer

The information from TannerPandora was very helpful to me.  I've been meaning to check on deep cuts since I heard the first commercial and I finally got here.  I won't be buying anything but I like that I can select the exact songs I want on a station~didn't know that til just now.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Cubsfan
Local Performer

I'm trying to figure out if I can hear more songs from artists I have selected in my featured stations? It seems to just be a handful or less of songs from each artist. I would like to be able to hear a bigger variety from my chosen artists and I fairly recently noticed there are five or so options to choose from to listen to each station. I hope you know what I'm trying to describe? What are your suggestions?

Jason Schubach
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cubsfan I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to get deep tracks by artist

Check out the suggestions @TannerPandora provided in his message above as they seemed to have been helpful for other listeners who were running into issues with this.

The may benefit from the use of Deep Cuts Mode as it will play lesser known tracks by the artists you've added to your station.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos