cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove featured playlists from Profile

jessicajnewma
Local Performer

Why is Pandora always putting stupid 'Soundtracks' ini my account?! I hate these stupid things. Thanks for the Christian Rock soundtrack that I can't delete.... I have to scroll through three pages of these things just to get to music I actually want to listen to....

Does anyone know how to remove these? They show up on my phone and not the website. I don't see how to delete these because they don't have an edit option with these playlists.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity, Format

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @jessicajnewma - I moved your message to an existing thread on this: Removing Featured Playlists by Pandora

Some Featured Playlists may have been added to your music collection based on your listening history or to make you aware of playlists you might enjoy. Featured Playlists are unique song collections that are crafted by Pandora and personalized based on your music tastes.

You can use the following steps to remove Featured Playlists from your music collection.

To un-collect a playlist from a mobile device:

1. Go to My Collection
  2. Press and hold the name of the playlist you'd like to remove.
  3. Tap the highlighted Collected icon to the left of the play icon. 

To un-collect a playlist from your computer: 

1. Go to My Collection.
  2. Hover over the playlist's album art and click the ellipsis (three dots) 
  3. Select Remove from your collection. 

If you'd like to re-collect these playlists later, you can find them through For You. You can also search for them by name.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jessicajnewma - I moved your message to an existing thread on this: Removing Featured Playlists by Pandora

Some Featured Playlists may have been added to your music collection based on your listening history or to make you aware of playlists you might enjoy. Featured Playlists are unique song collections that are crafted by Pandora and personalized based on your music tastes.

You can use the following steps to remove Featured Playlists from your music collection.

To un-collect a playlist from a mobile device:

1. Go to My Collection
  2. Press and hold the name of the playlist you'd like to remove.
  3. Tap the highlighted Collected icon to the left of the play icon. 

To un-collect a playlist from your computer: 

1. Go to My Collection.
  2. Hover over the playlist's album art and click the ellipsis (three dots) 
  3. Select Remove from your collection. 

If you'd like to re-collect these playlists later, you can find them through For You. You can also search for them by name.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jessicajnewma
Local Performer

But they aren't in my collection? So this solution doesn't apply to me. In "My Profile" the playlists are in the playlist group, and 5 pages (I just counted) worth of scrolling through nonsense to get to the playlists I actually made. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jessicajnewma I believe there is some confusion around what playlists are actually added to your collection.

To clarify, while Pandora will create those featured soundtracks for you (ex: Your Christian Music Soundtrack), they won't actually get added to your collection unless you manually do that yourself.

They will however show in your Profile - that is because the playlists that show in your profile are not only the ones that you have created, but also the personalized playlists Pandora has created for you as well.

Rather than searching for your playlists on your profile, I recommend sorting My Collection by Playlists - that way you will only have to look through playlists you've actually added to your collection.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

Bananadog1004
Local Performer

I figured it out!! I think!! Add the playlist from "profile" to your collection. Then edit it in the "collection" tab and delete playlist. Close the app and reopen it. It seems to be gone. ... For now ... (You may have to close and reopen twice for it to show as gone. And I closed the app after editing/deleting each individual one. I didn't do them all at once.)

0 Kudos