cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More music from around the world

ShikiAlchemy
Local Performer

I pay for Premium, so I want to know WHY there is still a restriction on what I can listen to.  I enjoy artists from other countries such as Eve (Korean rock group) and t.A.T.u. (Russian pop duo).  However, I am limited to a small handful of songs and foreign artists.  The songs available are either English sung, from American released albums, or just a few almost as if the bands don't even exist.  Yet, there is plenty of music I can't stand from bands viewed as "similar" just because they are from the same country or because they are r&b, hip-hop, or rap musicians.  If I'm paying for Premium service, then why can't I access the entire music library from around the world?  This is giving YouTube way too much power and Pandora will soon loose a good amount of paying listeners to YouTube for this very reason.  Either fix this limitation or say goodbye to a lot of customers.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ShikiAlchemy Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

We're currently working hard to build up our international music collection. We began this major effort by releasing thousands of Latin, Brazilian, Hawaiian, Celtic, Cajun and Zydeco songs onto Pandora and we are adding music to these genres continually. A while ago, we also expanded the Music Genome Project to include thousands of Indian and African songs.

You can check out what we've got so far here.

If you have any specific requests for music you'd like to see added to Pandora, you can add those to our Music Suggestions thread. 

While we are hard at work to improve our collection of other genres of "world" music, keep in mind that analyzing world music requires different listening skills and music theory knowledge on the parts of our Music Analysts. It's a huge undertaking, but we're really excited about it!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ShikiAlchemy Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

We're currently working hard to build up our international music collection. We began this major effort by releasing thousands of Latin, Brazilian, Hawaiian, Celtic, Cajun and Zydeco songs onto Pandora and we are adding music to these genres continually. A while ago, we also expanded the Music Genome Project to include thousands of Indian and African songs.

If you have any specific requests for music you'd like to see added to Pandora, you can add those to our Music Suggestions thread. 

While we are hard at work to improve our collection of other genres of "world" music, keep in mind that analyzing world music requires different listening skills and music theory knowledge on the parts of our Music Analysts. It's a huge undertaking, but we're really excited about it!

0 Kudos

harini
Local Performer

Hello, 

Can you please create a Chinese Music Station? The current stations are based on albums or songs named "Chinese." Thank you 🙂 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @harini. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: More music from around the world

Feel free to check out @AdamPandora's post about this here.

For specific music suggestions, we'd love to see what you'd like to hear in this thread: Music Suggestions

Hope this info is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

JessieLynn34
Local Performer

Is it possible to request Pandora to add more artists from around the world? Currently I'm obsessed with three Chinese artists, but can only find their music on YouTube. I would love to request Pandora to add them so I can still listen if YouTube takes them down. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JessieLynn34 I moved your post over to this existing thread: More music from around the world

If you have any specific requests for music you'd like to see added to Pandora, you can add those to our Music Suggestions thread. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos