cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

MrsLB0813
Local Performer

Subnoize group Kingspade has another unaffiliated artist 'King Spade' under their artist profile. Can we get that fixed? I would like to listen to Kingspade Radio, but this guy's music keeps coming up. 😞

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
121 Replies

LynMooSD
Local Performer

Kiss of Life and KISS OF LIFE are both on Pandora and the artist’s albums are split between the two, one being organized with an unrelated artist’s album under Kiss of Life

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LynMooSD Thank you for reporting this.

0 Kudos

IDM
Opening Act

Hello,

The artist "Luke Vibert" which also goes by the alias "Plug" has been mixed up with other artists with similar names. Please add the following album to Luke Vibert's discography:

https://www.pandora.com/artist/plug/back-on-time/ALzfVc74kzm3Jrc

Please add this album to Luke Vibert's discography.

Thank You.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IDM Thanks for reporting this!

LumBearjack
Local Performer

The most recent album 'Previous' under the band The High Kings, is not The High Kings... it is a completely different band and has very explicit material.

Is there a location to report this to have this problem addressed?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LumBearjack I moved your post over to this existing thread: Music listed under artist with similar name

Feel free to report any additional instances you see of this here.

In the meantime, I've passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

cherylstone_sc
Underground

I just tried listening to the band Altered State (early 90's progressive hard rock from CA) and it appears there are other artists of the same name listed on their band page. As far as I know (and can find) they only released 2 albums on Warner Bros Records-- the self-titled debut in 1991 and "Dos" in 1993. Please move the other music to a different band page. Thank you!  PS--there really should be a button to submit corrections.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cherylstone_sc Thank you for reporting!

If you'd like to see the option added to Pandora, I recommend upvoting this existing Idea with a ❤️Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Hope to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

The album "Tomb's Wolf" by "FiLtER" is not the English-speaking Filter we all know and love - this album is incorrectly listed as one of Filter's albums.

The artist Sygnal to Noise has several albums on Pandora, but each album is associated with a different "Sygnal to Noise" artist.  These are all the same "Sygnal to Noise" (the letters represent the first distinguishing piece of each url):

ARh

ARx

ARm

ARb

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wisepeppy Thanks for reporting these!

0 Kudos

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

The album "Unexpected Vol. 1" by "Clutch" is listed under the well-known and prolific rock band Clutch, but this hip-hop-ish album is most certainly not by this Clutch

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting, @wisepeppy.

0 Kudos

jaycrehak
Local Performer

How do I fix the musical artist's name INCORRECTLY listed as "SWAN Salidor" when it should be "SUSAN Salidor."  Whom do I contact at Pandora and how can I reach him/her/them?

Thanks.

TannerPandora

Hello @jaycrehak 

Welcome to community.

I moved your message over to a similar thread: Music listed under artist with similar name

I'm happy to forward this to the team that looks after our collection. Can you provide the name of the track or album that is listed incorrectly.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

VoVillia_Corp
Local Performer

Hello,

I'm guessing this library error happened due to it being a new song.

But the song Candy Shop by Venom is instead labeled as being a song by Venom(Metal).

If this can be looked into I'd greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

The Snot artist page contains releases by two different artists: (1) the original "Snot", a punk-esque Nu Metal sort of band from California that effectively disbanded in 1998 (despite a couple 'reunions', they never released any more music); and (2) some electronic/metal group called "S.N.O.T.", with mostly non-english song titles, starting with the release Deepspace Christ in 2023.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@VoVillia_Corp I've escalated this to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wisepeppy Thank you for reporting this.

0 Kudos

SoggySandwich
Local Performer

Hello, noticed today that the band Charon(Finland) had been combined with a German band of the same name, the artist page is a mess of German songs, the last 5 releases are the Finnish band in question, the rest are what sounds like at least 2 other artists.

Screenshot_20240220_152927_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SoggySandwich I've passed your feedback along to the folks who help manage our collection.

Thanks for reporting!