cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Thumbs Up Playlist vs. My Thumbprint Radio

Quizibo
Underground

So I just spent an hour adding songs to My Thumbs Playlist hoping upon hopes that they will be added to My Thumbprint Radio...

Alas, this logical step does not exist. Apparently you have to start a station based on that song, then wait for that song comes up, then "thumbs up" then it will be added to your Thumbprint radio...

Does this make any kinda sense?! Pandora... just please, and thank you for fixing this.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Quizibo! Thanks for posting. I moved our message over to My Collection to keep things tidy. 

My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed-Up tracks from each of your stations. When you sign up for Pandora Premium, we begin it by adding your 1,000 most recent Thumbs (if you have that many). Moving forward, every time you Thumb Up a song on one of your stations or eligible playlists, it will be automatically added to My Thumbs Up Playlist.

Unlike Thumbprint Radio (available at all tiers), which plays your Thumbed-Up tracks along with other you may like, My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed-Up.

You can customize this playlist by manually adding or removing songs and your stations and additional playlists will not be affected.

If you'd like to see a new feature for Thumbprint Radio that includes songs from your My Thumbs Up Playlist, please visit our Feature Request board here

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Quizibo! Thanks for posting. I moved our message over to My Collection to keep things tidy. 

My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed-Up tracks from each of your stations. When you sign up for Pandora Premium, we begin it by adding your 1,000 most recent Thumbs (if you have that many). Moving forward, every time you Thumb Up a song on one of your stations or eligible playlists, it will be automatically added to My Thumbs Up Playlist.

Unlike Thumbprint Radio (available at all tiers), which plays your Thumbed-Up tracks along with other you may like, My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed-Up.

You can customize this playlist by manually adding or removing songs and your stations and additional playlists will not be affected.

If you'd like to see a new feature for Thumbprint Radio that includes songs from your My Thumbs Up Playlist, please visit our Feature Request board here

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

LTSings
On the Rise

I used to have a station that had all my thumbed up tracks on one station. I thought this was the Thumbprint station. Maybe I'm thinking of another station that has been discontinued. I'd like to have that station back. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LTSings I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community organized: My Thumbs Up Playlist vs. My Thumbprint Radio

Thumbprint Radio:

Thumbprint Radio uses your thumbs to create a unique listening experience. By playing both thumbed-up and non-thumbed tracks from across all your stations, we hope to bring you lots of your favorites while sprinkling in some new finds in a seamless listening journey.

I do see this station is already added to your collection - were you having trouble locating it to play?

Let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Thumbs Up Playlist:

You could have also been referring to your My Thumbs Up playlist

My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed-Up tracks from each of your stations. When you sign up for Pandora Premium, we begin it by adding your 1,000 most recent Thumbs (if you have that many). Moving forward, every time you Thumb Up a song on one of your stations or eligible playlists, it will be automatically added to My Thumbs Up Playlist.

Unlike Thumbprint Radio (available at all tiers), which plays your Thumbed-Up tracks along with other you may like, My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed-Up.

If you'd like to access this playlist, you'll first need to upgrade your account to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps! 😁

LTSings
On the Rise

I guess that's what I'm thinking of. I just know I used to have one. I thought it was a station though, not a playlist. 

Tjlig13
Local Performer

What’s the difference between thumbs up Music and thumbprint music? I want to play my thumbs up I don’t know how to do it in my thumb print music plays a million songs and every once in a while I get one of my thumbs up I want to play all my thumbs up how do I do this?

@Tjlig13 go into your collections from there look at your Playlist you should be able to see your thumbed up music there, that is where I found my thumbed up music when I was looking for it. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tjlig13 I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community organized: My Thumbs Up Playlist vs. My Thumbprint Radio

Thumbprint Radio:

Thumbprint Radio uses your thumbs to create a unique listening experience. By playing both thumbed-up and non-thumbed tracks from across all your stations, we hope to bring you lots of your favorites while sprinkling in some new finds in a seamless listening journey.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Playing only your Thumbed Up tracks:

You may want to look into your My Thumbs Up playlist

My Thumbs Up is a playlist that collects your Thumbed-Up tracks from each of your stations. When you sign up for Pandora Premium, we begin it by adding your 1,000 most recent Thumbs (if you have that many). Moving forward, every time you Thumb Up a song on one of your stations or eligible playlists, it will be automatically added to My Thumbs Up Playlist.

Unlike Thumbprint Radio (available at all tiers), which plays your Thumbed-Up tracks along with other you may like, My Thumbs Up playlists will only play the songs you have Thumbed-Up.

If you'd like to access this playlist, you'll first need to upgrade your account to Pandora Premium.

Since you are upgraded through Apple, check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can switch to Pandora Premium: Billed by Apple - Switch from Plus to Premium

Hope this helps! 😁

snoski
Local Performer

@LTSings  I know I'm responding to an old post, but I just wanted to say that I'm nearly certain that you are correct. I'm nearly certain that the My Thumbs Playlist used to be available to all users. I have spent a fair amount of time looking for mine as well. But I guess I'm learning from this thread that they have made it a premium feature now. I'm guessing this is why you felt that you once had it and now it is gone. Extremely frustrating for those of us who have been with Pandora for over a decade and a half 😞