cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My songs are not responding when I choose them.

daleslad
On the Rise

I've been creating a new playlist for a few days now and today I added about 20 or 30 new songs.  I'm sure that some of them will be duplicated but I figured I'd weed those out later.

When  I opened up my new playlist I found as I scrolled down the list that there were quite a few empty spaces between some of the songs,  it also looked like the duplicates I expected to find were not there, at least I didn't find any on my first pass.  I immediately thought that Pandora had come up with a way of eliminating duplicates in answer to the complaints from the Community.  Great work and thanks if that's what happened.

Unfortunately I have a big problem now so I hope it isn't because of the empty spaces in my playlist.

I was relocating some of the songs in my list so they were spaced more to my liking, while I was doing this I was clicked on a song to play but instead of that song playing, some other song would play.  I've tried clicking on about 6 songs but always it plays a different song.   I put a lot of time in,  building this playlist so I'm not very happy about this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Sorry for the trouble.

What is the name of the playlist you are running into this issue with?

Also, would it be possible to send us a screenshot/screen recording of what is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daleslad Sorry for the trouble.

What is the name of the playlist you are running into this issue with?

Also, would it be possible to send us a screenshot/screen recording of what is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Well it seems to be working normally now,  I guess you can thank my wife for that.   After I had signed out of Pandora and logged back in I found it was still playing songs that I had not chosen.  So I called my wife in and told her  to watch what happens when I click on this song.   So I clicked on a song and nothing happened except the song I had chosen started to play.  I  quickly clicked on a few more and each time the right song played.  So,  my wife says,  just what am I supposed to be looking for, it looks fine to me.  

So it's got to be something my wife did because it was not working properly before she came into the room.   Sorry for the false alarm Adam.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like things are back to normal, @daleslad.

Thanks for letting us know!

If you run into any additional trouble, feel free to respond directly on this thread. 

For now, happy listening 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Adam it's happened again but I have a bit more information for you this time, I've worked on this for almost an hour trying different sequences to see if I can find out what is causing it to play a song that was not chosen. I was rearranging the order of some the songs in a playlist called Beegie when it happened. 

It only seems to work right if I  go to My Collections and chose the playlist   again, but once I start sorting my list it goes haywire again.  What is the correct way to move a song in the list to another place. 

I have been placing my cursor about half way between the three dots and the title of the song.  I then left click and hold it down and as I start to move my cursor an image of the album cover comes up along with a line. When I get the line in position between other songs I let go.    Is that the correct way to do it because it seems like the sorting is causing the problem.

0 Kudos

legend_IceGirl
Local Performer

my songs will not play an it is annoying

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@legend_IceGirl Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 
  5. What are the names of some specific songs you are unable to play?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos