cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora Plus: Downloading Offline Stations

Hknight1
Local Performer

How do you download your stations so you can listen to your 4 stations while you're offline.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hknight1 To listen offline from a mobile device, you can use the following steps:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hknight1 To listen offline from a mobile device, you can use the following steps:

2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, you will see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

0 Kudos

dphdora
Local Performer

When I toggle that switch I'm told that my stations have not been downloaded yet. How can I get that download to occur? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dphdora Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device? Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage on your device, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

If you continue to have trouble, please send over a screenshot showing the status of the downloads:

2. Next select Offline. You should now be able to view a progress bar indicating the current download status.
  3. Take a screenshot of what you see here and attach it to your direct reply to this email.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

pcraig45
Local Performer

Can I pick which stations to download?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pcraig45 At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

If you'd like you upgrade to Pandora Premium, you can do so here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos