I started a station called 'Downtempo Dinner Radio'

The playlist so far:

Odesza Pretty lights (upbeat club)

Finally Moving Dubby

Kero One Groovin'

Teleopmusik Breathe

Etc.

All ootz ootz club songs.

All these songs were cool when I was 23.

I'm 36.  Get a clue Pandora. Play good music. **ahem**.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Farlander. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about this station. Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for you. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given along with feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

There are a number of variables that come into play when selecting the next song:

• The complete range of musical attributes for all of the songs we have by the artist you used to create the station. For example, for a station based on Brian Eno, you might hear rock songs and ambient music. You might try creating a station from one of the artist's songs instead (e.g. Lucky Star by Madonna). This should make the station much more specific.

• The type of feedback you've given on the station (all the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings) and any additional artist or song seeds you've added to the station. Pandora lumps all this together and tries to determine what the best musical match is based on our musical analysis.

To improve your stations, here are a couple of things to try:

1. Thumb down tracks that do not fit. This will prevent that song from playing again, and Pandora will learn more about what you don't want to hear including some of the songs you've mentioned like one of those Pretty Lights (ODESZA Remix) tracks.
  2. Make sure each of the thumbs-up you've given fits in with the type of station you are trying to create. If not, then remove that thumbs-up rating from the station page.

++

If you're not feeling that station, we do have other stations you can check out:

Downtempo Radio

500W_500H.jpg

You can also find more genre stations here: Genre Station by Activity / Mood

In the meantime, I will share your feedback regarding that station. Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Farlander. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about this station. Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for you. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given along with feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

There are a number of variables that come into play when selecting the next song:

• The complete range of musical attributes for all of the songs we have by the artist you used to create the station. For example, for a station based on Brian Eno, you might hear rock songs and ambient music. You might try creating a station from one of the artist's songs instead (e.g. Lucky Star by Madonna). This should make the station much more specific.

• The type of feedback you've given on the station (all the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down ratings) and any additional artist or song seeds you've added to the station. Pandora lumps all this together and tries to determine what the best musical match is based on our musical analysis.

To improve your stations, here are a couple of things to try:

1. Thumb down tracks that do not fit. This will prevent that song from playing again, and Pandora will learn more about what you don't want to hear including some of the songs you've mentioned like one of those Pretty Lights (ODESZA Remix) tracks.
  2. Make sure each of the thumbs-up you've given fits in with the type of station you are trying to create. If not, then remove that thumbs-up rating from the station page.

++

If you're not feeling that station, we do have other stations you can check out:

Downtempo Radio

500W_500H.jpg

You can also find more genre stations here: Genre Station by Activity / Mood

In the meantime, I will share your feedback regarding that station. Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

MusicFan171
Local Performer

I have noticed the same thing , its ridiculous I've had Chopin play on my falco station really? and the response from pandora is classic (ahem) zero accountability bs . Instead of offering to look into and fix the problem they tell you to waste your time doing things that will solve nothing and don't believe for second that this has always been this way , i've been using pandora off and on since its inception and it was way way way better then 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MusicFan171! Welcome to community.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing out of place track on your Falco Radio station. I went ahead and checked your playback history for the Pandora account associated with your community profile. While I see very limited playback history, only from today, 8/17, I do see some out of place tracks.

While I can't confirm if Chopin had previously played on your station, from your listening history today, the track 'Serenade For Strings In E, Op. 22, B. 52: IV. Larghetto' by the City of Prague Philharmonic String Ensemble & Richard Hein did play.

These tracks are being suggested by the artist, Marius Müller-Westernhagen. This seed was added to your station on April 15, 2022. Unfortunately, Pandora's discography of Marius Müller-Westernhagen is limited to 12 songs from the album Prokofiev : Stage Works & Film Scores [Prokofiev Edition Vol.3] from 1994, where he performed as the narrator.

I recommend removing this seed from your station to help improve your experience. You can delete variety from your mobile device or web by editing your station.

From a Mobile Device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
    • This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  4. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

From the Web:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page."
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed or Thumb you'd like to remove and select Delete.

I also suggest reviewing the remaining seeds on your station to ensure that they fit the genre and experience you're looking for.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos