cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora modes

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I haven’t seen a thread for this. I want to add what a great feature this is on Pandora! It’s a great way to discover new music trying different modes of a station. Thanks Pandora!😊

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 That's one of my favorite features as well. 🙌🏽

Enjoy the music! 🕺🏽🎶

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 That's one of my favorite features as well. 🙌🏽

Enjoy the music! 🕺🏽🎶

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Thank you Adam, you also!🎶🎶😊

JLaz
Local Performer

Can someone explain to me what is Pandora Modes?  I can't seem to find out anything on this.  Maybe a link somewhere would be helpful.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JLaz Nice to see you around the community. 😄

With Pandora Modes, you can take your stations in a variety of directions*.

• My Station: The station you already know and love
  • Crowd Faves: Plays whichever relevant songs are the most popular
  • Discovery: Surfaces artists who don’t usually play on this station
  • Deep Cuts: Delve deeper into the discographies of the artists on your station
  • Newly Released: The newest releases from the artists featured on your station
  • Artist Only: Only songs from the artist headlining your station. (Please note: You may hear songs from other artists if you have added variety to a station.)

Keep in mind that since licensing regulations require a Pandora Premium subscription in order to be able to listen to your station in "Artist Only" mode, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers will be able to view an advertisement in order to initiate a complimentary Premium Access session. Those that do will also have access to Pandora Premium's other features during their Premium Access session.

Whatever Mode you choose, make sure you continue to use your Thumbs. Thumbs will continue to influence your station regardless of what Mode you're listening in. So giving a Thumbs Up in Newly Released Mode will tell My Station to play more new music for you. As always, you have the ability to edit any unwanted Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down in your station details.

*Not all Pandora Modes will be available on every station.

For more information, you can also check out this help page article: Pandora Modes

Hope this helps! :pandora:

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

Thanks Adam! Great write up on how to use modes! 😊

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joemd1960 Always happy to help. 😄

Spaz1957
Local Performer

I can't find a way for this. I is not anywhere on my pandora

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spaz1957 What is the make and model of the device you are using to stream Pandora?

Also, what is the name of the station you are listening to when the option for Pandora Modes does not appear?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos