cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted stations or podcasts automatically added to collection and/or plays on its own

DrObbins
Underground

Having stations added here also. I see previous responses stating to reset the password due to a possible account hack. I say BS! The stations are being added and start to play while I am already logged in and playing music. How can someone log in while I am already logged in? Why would anyone go through the trouble of hacking my account only to add a random station that is totally unrelated to my playlists every other day? If all these accounts are being hacked, what is Pandora doing to stop it? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
25 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DrObbins Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What is the name of the station that was randomly added to your account and started to play?

Additionally, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the station that was added and randomly started to play?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

DrObbins
Underground

I am playing on an iPhon XR IOS14.4.2. Using the official Pandora app - couldn't find the version.

The first time it happened was a week or so ago and it started playing artists that were up for some music awards. One other night it added two stations, but didn't pay attention to their name. Last night I was playing "Jam Bands Radio" and it cut in playing a station called "UNLIMITED Music". When it happens again I will get a screen shot.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DrObbins I created a separate thread for you since this sounds like a separate issue.

I have passed your feedback along to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

In the meantime, if this happens again, definitely grab a screenshot of the station that gets added to your collection and plays on its own, and then send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks again for all your help with this!

0 Kudos

DrObbins
Underground

Today I was listening to Pandora on my PC at the house. At 11:20 pm I exited the app to drive to work. Once in my jeep Pandora said that "someone else is listening". I figured that it was because I just shut down the other app and the server didn't get that feedback yet. Drove 15 minutes to work listening to "Jam Bands Radio". At 12"21am I got to my desk hit play on the iPhone. It immediately picked up playing the last song where it left off. With in seconds, it cut into another song/station. I have never listened to this song/station before. The station was added to my collection. See attached pic.

pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DrObbins Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Rcintio1041
Local Performer

Hey Adam, read your 8/20/20 DRAKE update. It's APRIL 2021 and it is still happening in my iPhone. I really hate that garbage and don't want to keep deleting it. OK?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @Rcintio1041.

I have escalated your feedback to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jemach16
Underground

I’ll be listening to a playlist & all of a sudden it switches to playing a completely random station, usually one very unrelated to what I was listening to & always a station I don’t have. Last time it did it Pandora was playing in the background playing Light Rock playlist when it just started playing Steve Harvey radio so I know I’m not accidentally clicking something. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jemach16 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Promoted stations or podcasts automatically added to collection and/or plays on its own

The next time this happens, can you please provide me with a screenshot of the random station that plays? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Jemach16
Underground

490DF274-294A-4200-862F-CB38A9E289E2.png

I was listening to my stations on shuffle & this just came on. It says My Station, but it’s not. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Jemach16.

I have added to your information to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are investigating this issue.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work on a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

Jemach16
Underground

EB9BFE38-3EDF-469A-9C51-AD535CF82EBB.png

 Just did it again. I was listening to an assortment of my stations on shuffle at home when it just switched to this. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jemach16. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. We currently have an internal ticket for this issue open with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Clownpez
Local Performer

This is still happening to me. 6/17/21

a Drake Station or “Pop Billionaires” neither of which align with my musical tastes.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Clownpez Can you please send me a screenshot of the two stations that were added to your collection?

Thanks for the help with this!

0 Kudos

JediAnnihilator
Local Performer

I keep having it switch to what would consider ‘promoted’ stations. Not my own stations that I’ve listened to in the past. Completely new-to-me stations - that I would never listen to. The Drake station has popped up a few times. I just now had it pause the Jimi Hendrix song on Black Keys Radio and switch to ‘pop billionaires’. But when I switched back it just went right back to the middle of the Jimi song. I’ve recently had “black music forever” pop up. When at my desk this is annoying but I can quickly fix it. On my motorcycle it’s a much bigger problem - and it’s happened. This is a real pain in the **ahem**, Pandora!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JediAnnihilator I moved your post over to this existing thread: Promoted stations or podcasts automatically added to collection and/or plays on its own

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jay666
Local Performer

I’ve been have this problem and it happens randomly with no warning and even without me touching anything I can be mid song and the it switches to the drake station that I never added but have deleted multiple times I have also had other stations made that I don’t like or want 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jay666 I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are investigating this issue.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime!

0 Kudos