cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/04/20: Selected shuffle stations are being de-selected

FLgrl81
Local Performer

I can only listen to one station now!! Very frustrating and I'm honestly about to cancel my subscription altogether. It doesn't matter what device I'm on... I have went back and manually clicked the shuffle button next to each station but it's still only playing one particular station..... I've never had this issue until about 3 days ago.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
55 Replies

Tobyz
Local Performer

I'm having a problem with customizing shuffle stations.  I had the blue dot (to the right of station name) on for each of my 150 stations.  Shuffling was truly a worthwhile  playing experience.

Now when I turn Pandora off and later restart Pandora, I lose all my blue dots and shuffling does not work.  When I take 5-10 minutes to turn on the blue dots individually, shuffling is flawless -- until I turn Pandora off again.  Then, on restarting Pandora, I've lost all my stations' blue dots.

Is there any keyboard shortcut to turn on station blue dots collectively for every station?

I'd like to see a 'CTRL-A' for all stations or the ability to click on the top station, then shift-click on the bottom station to include all stations between the two dots.  Other software products typically use one or both of these methods to select multiple entries from a list.

Thanks,

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Tobyz. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Sorry for the continued trouble with shuffling your stations. 

At this time, CTRL-A isn't a keyboard shortcut. If you'd like to see this option, feel free to share this by creating feature request here. Sounds like this would be a great / convenient feature to avoid individually clicking each station.

I have seen other listeners in the community mention a similar issue in this thread: Selected shuffle stations are being de-selected 

Our engineering team is actually looking into this issue and I will be sure to report your experience as well.

• Are you using the desktop app when this happens?
  • Or, a web browser?
  • Any error messages popping up?

Let me know, and I can share this on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Tobyz
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,

Re your questions, I am using a desktop computer to access Pandora via a Chrome web browser.  There are no error messages.

I first noticed the deselection of shuffle stations approx. 10 days ago. 

I also noticed around then that my Firefox browser would not activate the 'Play' button on my Pandora station.  That wasn't critical because there was a work-around:  simply switch browsers.

There is an alternative to a working Shuffle station.  It's called Spotify.  Wouldn't you prefer to keep me here on Pandora?  Thanks for your reply, Alyssa.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tobyz

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized. All updates will be posted on this existing thread. Feel free to check out @AdamPandora's message about this issue here.

Our engineering team is aware of this shuffling issue, and I've shared the helpful information you've provided with them.  Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Thanks so much for your patience while they work on this. 

0 Kudos

johnneglia
Local Performer

I am using a desktop or a laptop. The issue is still that same. I connect to pandora.com.

I have tries the Pandora application, but it has too many absent features to use it

Thank you

John Neglia

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@johnneglia Thank you for providing your feedback.

Check out my post above as I will be providing an update to this thread when I hear back from our engineers that this is fixed.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

jack508
Opening Act

Thanks,I was away traveling,no computer so I really don't know if the engineers solved the problem yet

0 Kudos

davidbdix
Local Performer

I have been having the same exact problem over the last month or so. The selected radio stations on shuffle don't stay marked. I don't even log out of Pandora. If i close the window and come back later without having to log in again the stations are deselected. Then I have to go back and select them all over again.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@davidbdix I definitely understand your frustration with this.

If you haven't already done so, check out my post above as I will be providing an update to this thread when I hear back from our engineers that this is fixed.

We appreciate your patience with this in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

mattlewis
Local Performer

Using FF76.01 when I try to edit my shuffle stations none of the stations appear to be selected. Clicking a circle to select one doesn't seem to do anything.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @mattlewis. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this thread: Selected shuffle stations are being de-selected 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We're aware of this issue and we're working on it.

Please check out @AdamPandora's post about this here. 🎧

0 Kudos

cummiro
Local Performer

@AdamPandorahas this issue been flagged as resolved?   I am seeing the same issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cummiro This issue is still being investigated by our engineers.

Please keep an eye out on this thread as I will provide an update when a fix has been pushed. 🛠

0 Kudos

jack508
Opening Act

HALLELUJAH  !!!! The Memory to your favorite Stations that you mark to be included in Shuffle Play is Back.As in the past,a month ago every station that you marked with an X in shuffle play would remain as your preferences anytime that you went to shuffle play.However,that feature was somehow deleted,at least on my laptop listening device.On sign out and each preferred shuffle station was deleted,when you signed in,again.I'm happy to report that that feature seems to have been enabled,once again as of June 3,2020

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update: 06/04/20: Thanks to everyone who has reported this issue.

I would like to report that this issue is now fixed. 🛠

I will be closing this thread from comments since this is now resolved. If you happen to experience this issue again in the future, please create a new post and reference this existing thread.

Happy listening! 😎

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jack508 Happy to hear it's working again for you.

Enjoy the music! 😄🎶

0 Kudos