cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Variety from a Station

JohnSignore01
Underground

I have about 1000-artists & songs in my 80's station. I want to get rid of some, but I can't see ALL of them. It ends with "YOU ARE" by Lionel Richie. How do I view past that? The song & artists are still there.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
27 Replies

cdysthe
Underground

All I want is to edit a station I accidentally added wrong "add variety" to. I am on Android. Why can't "edit station" be available in the menu for the station? How do I edit the station? I tried on my laptop. Can't find it there either! It may be available somewhere somehow, but not where it should be: "Add variety"/ "Remove variety". In general the issue around being able to delete stuff easily has been going on since forever. Why can't there be an add/remove option for everything I want to do? I find it hard to delete a playlist too because there is no "delete playlist" where it should be in the menu for that playlist.

Sorry, I am so frustrated right now. My otherwise great station is "polluted" with a mistake I made and I just can't undo that mistake. It may be available somewhere but adding something should ALWAYS have a remove something in the same place. And everything should be easy to remove without having to a go to Help every d*** time!  

Amazon Music is so tempting right now even if I know it's not able to offer the great station creation Pandora offer. 

I also found it hard to find where to post to the community and I my have posted this twice.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cdysthe You should be able to remove any additional seeds you added as variety to your station.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
    • Since you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, this will take you directly to the station's "backstage page."
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  4. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

If you run into any issues, please let me know the name of the station, along with the artist/song you want to remove from variety.

0 Kudos

cdysthe
Underground

Thanks! Finally found it. It's very convoluted. Why can't it just be an add/remove/delete option whenever you add something? Removing playlists is even harder. You have to... unsubscribe click a - somewhere. I do not even remember. It's like you guys do not want us to undo anything

I work with UI designers all the time and the Pandora one has two major problems

Delete / undo / remove

Sync between mobile and desktop is flaky

Love Pandora though but it has to be intuitive and easy to navigate especially when driving.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cdysthe Happy to hear those steps worked out for you.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as well - it's very helpful as we work to improve the service for everyone.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

cg49me
Local Performer

I have a personally-created station that I've added several artists to in order to create my own variety mix.  I apparently accidentally added the song "Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here Symphonic" by the London Orion Orchestra when attempting to simply add Pink Floyd as an artist.  For an unknown reason, I am unable to remove this song from the "Station Created From" list - when I click the ellipsis next to it, an empty box appears, rather than the "Share" and "Delete" options that appear when clicking the ellipsis next to any of the other artists in the list.

How can I delete this song from the list of variety sources?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cg49me Welcome to community! 👋

I moved your message over to an existing thread to keep things tidy: Removing Variety from a Station

Can you let me know the name of the station you're having trouble with. I can take a closer look at what may be happening.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jreese78
Local Performer

Sorry when I signed up it asked me for the artist I like and it created a station. For what reason it turned into NF radio..but list the other artist as based on. I just want it based on NF.

I go to edit..remove those artist and it removes them. Yet I click out and they are still there. I can't get rid of them. 

This is a big problem for me.

Screenshot_20231027-111805.png

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jreese78 Welcome to community.

I moved your post over to an existing thread around removing and editing variety within a Station: Removing Variety from a Station

I took a closer look at your 'NF Station' and see that it was created yesterday with the artist seed NF. At around the same time the additional seeds were added to the station.

I've gone ahead and removed the additional seeds from the station. You should now only see the artist NF listed.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos