cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

Mfitz
Local Performer

I just signed up for pandora plus. Is there a way for me to select which stations i can listen to offline? It automatically selected 4 stations but the station that i really listen to was not one of the stations.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
46 Replies

aviemet
Local Performer

Wow, really disappointing. I understand limiting the number of offline stations for plus members, but not allowing us to manage what's downloaded on our personal devices is just rude. Limit me to 3 but let me choose what gets downloaded.

I have 2 service outages on my commute to work. I'm really rather tired of my most listened to stations, but that's what comes on when I lose connection. The suggestion to play my preferred station is really stupid because in order to do this, I'll be playing with my phone on silent, all night, all day at work. What a stupid game to force your users to play for what should be a simple feature. This is the kind of thing that sours your customer base against you. 

0 Kudos

twist
Local Performer

Not allowing us to pick which stations are available Offline is beyond disgusting. This needs fixed, and no "pay twice as much!" isn't a solution.

0 Kudos

teresaneighbors
Local Performer

Why can't I change my offline music? I didn't realize it was limited to 3 stations. Now im stuck with one gene of music. 

0 Kudos

debmar0911
Local Performer

This answers my question. I listen mostly to Smooth Jazz, and that is the station that comes up when I am offline.  😊

0 Kudos

Legit2
Local Performer

I deleted one of my 3 stations, and it wasn’t replaced by a different download.  Any explanation?  

Really annoying that we cannot control what is downloaded, not even by deleting our favorite stations.  And I’m on a paid plan.

0 Kudos

MariaPandora
Pandora
Pandora

Hi @Legit2, I moved your  post to another thread more in line to your question: Selecting Offline Stations with Pandora Plus.

First let me explain a bit more of how Offline Listening Works:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

• For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations.
  • Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.
  • Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.
  • Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as much content as we can before we hit that limit.

Now, the account that is linked to your community profile doesn't seem to be upgraded, however, if you have another account it sounds like that account is on Pandora Plus.

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, and there's an existing suggestion for this here: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus 

• To upvote an idea, please click on the ❤️

icon next to the title of the request. Upvoting and leaving comments gives you the opportunity to express your interest in seeing a request implemented.
  • For more details about how feature requests work in the Pandora Community, I encourage you to check out our Ideas Policy & FAQs

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you (with Pandora Plus), try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

code3taylor
Local Performer
I have upgraded to premium and I now download all my stations to offline so
I have all my stations with me… thank you..