cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

Mfitz
Local Performer

I just signed up for pandora plus. Is there a way for me to select which stations i can listen to offline? It automatically selected 4 stations but the station that i really listen to was not one of the stations.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mfitz Nice to see you around the community!

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

Let me know if you'd like more information about upgrading.

View solution in original post

41 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mfitz Nice to see you around the community!

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. We know this is a feature a lot of our listeners would enjoy, so I'll pass this idea onto our product team to consider. 

In the meantime, if you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

Let me know if you'd like more information about upgrading.

Pandishar
Local Performer

Hello, I've been a paying Pandora listener for over 10 years. I've been having a problem with my account, where it won't let me pick my offline stations. I understand I'm just a "Pandora Plus" listener and not a "Premium" user, (right now) but I would really like a say in what stations it chooses to download for me. There should be a total of 4 offline stations with "thumbprint" included. But recently the app has decided it will download and update my phone with whatever offline music it wants. Now it just uploads whatever station I played for an hour, vs stations I have hundreds, maybe even thousands of hours listening to.  I don't know if this was a system reset or a phone problem, but after searching threw your whole forum, it seems a problem you'd rather not talk about. If this is a Premium only service, that's fine, but it sure as hell its't picking from my most listened to "stations". 

Thank you for your time,

~Dave

TannerPandora

Hi @Pandishar thanks for posting to community!

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening.

If this is a feature you'd like to see for Pandora Plus, I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board. This is the best place to report feedback and give the ideas you'd like to see on Pandora. Don't forget to vote. ❤️

In the meantime, have you tried any troubleshooting? If not, lets give the following a try:

I'd recommend disabling the offline listening feature and re-enabling it, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode off, and confirm that you'd like to remove the content from your device.
  3. Toggle Offline Mode on again, to reset the download process.
  4. Keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device while your offline stations re-download.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JMac5
Local Performer

I am frustrated by this as well, and about to cancel my Pandora Account in order to just get Spotify; because I never feel like I had false advertising with Spotify.

At the time I signed up for Plus, it was advertised that you would have 3 offline stations "to choose between" as well as the thumbprint station. Was that just false advertising?!

When I am offline, not only does Plus automatically send me directly to a MUCH older station (that I used to listen to a lot at work, before I realized what was happening (because I listened to this station so much, my Plus account was automatically set it as my "offline" station- though when I am not at work I rarely want to listen to Beethoven.)) but it is STILL the pic station that Plus sends me to! You guys really need to fix wither your advertising or your platform. Meanwhile, I'd love it if you would refresh my offline stations. Thanks. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JMac5 Nice to see you around the community.

Choosing your offline stations:

With a Pandora Plus subscription, you don't actually get to "choose" the three stations that get downloaded for offline mode.

Instead, Pandora will automatically download your three most listened to stations. So while you can't manually pick out and swap stations on your end with that level of subscription, what you can do is listen to other stations that aren't currently downloaded.

When your listening time on those stations surpass the total time listened to on the original three stations that were downloaded, they will then be replaced.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Advertisement showing wrong information:

Can you please send me a screenshot of the advertisement you are seeing which indicates that you will get to select your 3 offline stations when upgrading to Pandora Plus?

I am not seeing that anywhere on our website or help page.

Thanks for your help with this. 

0 Kudos

cfiorello6
Local Performer

Yup... I am having the same issue. When I am at the gym, I don't have the station that I listen to the most downloaded on my offline radio. My gym is underground so the connection is very poor, so I try to use the offline radio option but it fails to give me my most listened to station. Therefore this gets me very frustrated because I do not have proper stations to listen to at the gym. Out of my 3 downloaded offline stations, I've recently only listened to one. The other two I haven't listened to in many weeks. All I want is my most listened to station to be on my offline stations so I can actually enjoy my music while I am at the gym. If my issue isn't resolved, I am going to cancel my pandora plus subscription and download Spotify onto my phone.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cfiorello6 Keep in mind that Offline Mode with Pandora Plus will download your three stations that have the highest total listening hours since the creation of your account.

It won't download your most recently listened to stations.

My suggestion is to continue listening to the station you actually want to be downloaded more often - once the total time listened to on that stat exceeds the total time listened to on your currently downloaded stations, it should end up replacing one of them.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Kaykin
Local Performer

I'd like to add to this question.... I get that pandora automatically downloads the 3 most listened to stations and automatically selects one if you lose connection, but is there a way to choose which of those stations you can listen to? For example you want to change to one of the other offline stations?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mfitz thanks for posting.

If your account switches into offline mode because you lost your connection, you can still visit My Collection to choose the station you'd like to play. 

Also, as a Pandora Plus subscriber, you can manually turn on Offline Mode. 

1. Tap the Profile tab and then the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Toggle Offline Mode on.

Once Offline Mode has been enabled, return to My Collection and you should see only the content in your collection that has been downloaded for offline listening.

Hope this helps. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

gregseiz
Local Performer

That **ahem**, why should I be at your mercy fix this or I'm gone

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gregseiz If you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

In the meantime, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting this added to the service as well: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps! 😁

Rmercedes2519
Local Performer

The end of 2020 and we are still unable to do so.

Pandora is not helping us. 

lphin
Local Performer

If the suggestion is to just listen to the new station more (which is terrible, btw), is there a way to see how much you've listened to a station? I have a station that I listen to at work. It is highly unlikely I will ever get another station higher than that... (obviously, I only need to get it to the 3rd highest used, but I prefer to not have the work-station for offline at all)

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lphin If you sign into your account on a computer, you should be able to sort your station list by Most Listened.

To do so, select My Collection, then click on Stations, and you can then sort by Most Listened:

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 4.32.46 AM.png

Hope this helps! 

whinman9
Underground

I also read this, that we would be allowed the choice to choose between what stations to listen to offline.  I am now quite dissatisfied to say the least.

0 Kudos

whinman9
Underground

This is good to know, however, it still does not resolve the false advertising issue.

0 Kudos

bowtech4x5
Local Performer

really want to change up my offline stations...

At least a couple of them...

Any way to do this?

0 Kudos

mattreigl
Local Performer

I feel I was tricked into signing up for pandora plus.  There was a bullet list which showed all the features pandora plus includes and there was a check next to "Offline music" which is very misleading.  I assumed lisiting to "Offline music" would be my entire collection.  Not just 3 stations which I can't change.  What a ripoff!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bowtech4x5 If you're wanting to have other offline stations available to you, try listening to those other stations more (ones that are currently not on your Offline station list). Since we periodically refresh the stations that are available to you offline (based on your listening habits), we may surprise you with adding them to your list! 

Alternatively, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium which allows subscribers to download any station, playlist, album or song in their collection for offline listening.

In the meantime, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting this added to the service as well: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos