cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle doesn't play music I like

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

I don't listen to Pandora online.  I have an internet radio. I've had Pandora Plus for many years.  And, rarely had to thumbs down a song.  I have a Shuffle list with artists and songs that has not changed.  Now, I find I have to thumbs down songs because the selection is terrible and not my taste.  Something has changed, and songs are playing that I never heard before in my Shuffle list.  And, I don't like them.  TIA

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tlspiegel1 Sorry to hear our shuffle feature hasn't been working the way you'd like. I do have some suggestions that may help:

1. Create a custom shuffle mix. If you haven't already, try making a custom shuffle. You can include any station you'd like, and this set of stations will be saved as My Shuffle (or QuickMix) on all your devices. Let us know if you'd like the steps for that. 

You'll then be able to check the boxes next to the stations that you want to include in your custom shuffle, and this set of stations will be saved as My Shuffle (or QuickMix) on all your devices.

2. Avoid including several stations based on similar artists or songs. Choosing several stations of a similar style will create a repetitive shuffle mix. When selecting stations for shuffle (or when creating any new stations in general) consider selecting artists or tracks that musically contrast. This will yield a broader playlist.

3. Put tracks on the shelf. If you get sick of a track but don't want to completely ban it, you can put it on the shelf for a while by selecting I'm tired of this track/song.

4. Edit individual stations. In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs up ratings from your shuffled stations to mix things up. If there are any Thumbed up songs you used to love, but have grown tired of, try removing those ratings.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tlspiegel1 Sorry to hear our shuffle feature hasn't been working the way you'd like. I do have some suggestions that may help:

1. Create a custom shuffle mix. If you haven't already, try making a custom shuffle. You can include any station you'd like, and this set of stations will be saved as My Shuffle (or QuickMix) on all your devices. Let us know if you'd like the steps for that. 

You'll then be able to check the boxes next to the stations that you want to include in your custom shuffle, and this set of stations will be saved as My Shuffle (or QuickMix) on all your devices.

2. Avoid including several stations based on similar artists or songs. Choosing several stations of a similar style will create a repetitive shuffle mix. When selecting stations for shuffle (or when creating any new stations in general) consider selecting artists or tracks that musically contrast. This will yield a broader playlist.

3. Put tracks on the shelf. If you get sick of a track but don't want to completely ban it, you can put it on the shelf for a while by selecting I'm tired of this track/song.

4. Edit individual stations. In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs up ratings from your shuffled stations to mix things up. If there are any Thumbed up songs you used to love, but have grown tired of, try removing those ratings.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

Thank you, but...  

I see no way to create a Custom Shuffle List.  Online, or on my radio

I don't see a way to select I'm tired of this track/song on my radio.  I do NOT listen online.

I don't see a way to remove thumbs up ratings, online or on my radio.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tlspiegel1 There is not currently a way to edit your Shuffle (or "QuickMix," on some older devices) directly from your device. However, you can edit your Shuffle from a mobile device or the Pandora website. If you need help doing that, check out the instructions on this thread: How to Shuffle Stations.

This is also true for editing your thumb ratings - you won't be able to make those changes from your Grace device.

The only way to accomplish this would be to sign into your account on a computer or mobile device.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread if you need help editing your thumb ratings: How to edit thumb ratings

Keep in mind that if you make any edits from a computer or mobile phone, you may need to close and reopen Pandora on the original device in order to see your changes.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

With all due respect, I don't think you are addressing my original question.  My Shuffle list has not changed in a long long time.  Some of the songs that are played NOW, were never played before.  Some of the artists are new and not to my liking.  The Shuffle list has not changed.  Why am I hearing songs that I never heard - let's say last year?  New, different songs that I do not like. Yes, I know how to thumbs down or up.  That isn't what I asked.  Why are some of the songs terrible?  Thank you,