cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle not working

Luv2quilt311
Local Performer

Shuffle is not working...why?  That’s the only reason I use Pandora and dislike spotify

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries at all, @jasonaphipps.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Luv2quilt311 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

To clarify, do you tap on the Shuffle icon and nothing happens?

Also, are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

dzaster66
Local Performer

I have a desktop PC that shuffle doesn't work on and I have a laptop PC that it does not work on.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dzaster66 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

To clarify, do you tap on the Shuffle icon and nothing happens?

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Brad73
Local Performer

Every time I hit shuffle it still continues to start in the same spot. Keep hearing same songs over and over. Thumbs up station you hit shuffle and it just starts in a different spot. Never shuffles songs. Annoying. I have been a customer for over 10 years have always liked Pandora. I have upgraded my subscription several years. I want to shuffle my music 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Brad73. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. Could you share a bit more about what's happening?

You mentioned your Thumbprint Radio station. Could you confirm when you're shuffling stations or your My Thumbs Up playlist when the repetition occurs?

Also, how are you listening?

• Using a computer?
  • MAC or Windows?
  • Web or Desktop App?
  • If you're using a web browser, which one?

Let us know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

Michaellloyd534
Local Performer

How do I get better variety on my shuffle stations playlist? I have 37 stations and have added a ton of artists under those stations and it still seems like I hear the same 30 song rotation every day at work before it starts mixing in a few new ones. I like a variety so I don’t want to have to listen to each individual station to dial my mix in unless there is no other option. Thanks! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Michaellloyd534 It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue where the same artists or tracks are repeating when shuffling your collected stations.

We do have this thread which may match up better with the issue you are reporting: Shuffle only cycles through 5 stations at a time

Please review the comments other Community users have posted on that thread, and let me know if you are experiencing this same issue.

0 Kudos

jasonaphipps
Local Performer

Trying to erase my reply, Disregard.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries at all, @jasonaphipps.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. 

0 Kudos

Curtxre
Underground

Why is Shuffle Not Working an ongoing problem?  It used to work just fine on my mac computer through the website login, through the ap on my phone and ipad... everything.  Now it just does not even appear as an option, and apparently a lot of other people are having this same issue... What gives? 

Shuffle is not working AGAIN, when I sign on through the website.  This is the same computer, same browser, same website I've signed onto for years, and no, Shuffle does NOT appear.  There is not option for shuffle, and is the primary feature on the whole pandora site that I find most useful... when it works.  Why is this an ongoing issue with your website?  Please, get it together.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Curtxre You should still be able to shuffle your stations from your computer.

Shuffling from the My Collection page:

Premium listeners like yourself can go to My Collection, and sort the collection by Stations and select Shuffle Stations:

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 5.14.39 AM.png

If the Shuffle Stations option isn't available to you, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing when you navigate to this screen?

0 Kudos

Cliffo73
Local Performer

May I ask a link to the fix for the shuffle station not working? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cliffo73 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

0 Kudos

michelle2e
Local Performer

I agree, the shuffle option is the only reason why I chose Pandora over the other ones. But it is ALWAYS a problem!!! 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@michelle2e Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos