cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle only cycles through 5 stations at a time

Saavedro88
Opening Act

Shuffle Mode only plays 5 different artists

This has happened to me on two different devices so far this morning. When my alarm went off on my phone this morning (which is set to Shuffle all stations), it only cycled between Drive-By Truckers, Anderson Paak, Beck, Middle Kids and Wolfmother.

Now that I'm at work, I'm listening on my PC, and it's only giving me The Fratellis, Paramore, Copeland, Mates of State and Blink-182. 

I'm paying for a Premium subscription, I should definitely be getting more variety than this. Has anyone else encountered this issue before? Do I need to reset something?

I've been running into a lot of different, very frustrating issues with Pandora recently, I'm honestly beginning to question whether or not it's still worth it. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
60 Replies

Saavedro88
Opening Act

I couldn't have put this into better words if I had tried. Pandora's "Shuffle all" has been such a huge part of my life for so many years. I'd never have realized how much I missed it if they hadn't ripped it away from me, lol. 

Dain
Underground

Wanted to say that as of Wednesday night Apr 7 23:00 - shuffle and custom shuffle on my android app are working markedly better - will test on work system (win10 UWP APP)

Saavedro88
Opening Act

I've been listening since my alarm went off this morning, so far no noticeable repeats!! I HAVE MISSED PANDORA SO MUCH! 

That Feeling.png

eVarese
Underground

Heyall.... yes this issue seems to be resolved! my stations are shuffling as they have in past... wait... i just got a repeated station from 5 plays back. AAAAAAA! could be an anomaly. Will report back.

0 Kudos

Saavedro88
Opening Act

I've been listening all day so far, and at first I thought I was just being overly analytical, but I've definitely confirmed it: I'm still getting repeated stations. It's playing the same 20 stations over and over, but that's better than it has been for a long time, so at this point, I'll take it. 

I do hope they get the issue actually resolved soon though.

0 Kudos

Teamskoal8
Local Performer

I have been using the shuffle at work for years and this is killing me. Today was better but it far from what I or my coworkers are used to. Very much hoping this gets fixed soon. Please get this resolved to help my days at work.

0 Kudos

pshift2
Underground

So glad that I'm not alone in this. Thought I was going insane. My shuffle all has been cherry picking just about 5 or six stations the past couple of days. Today (Friday, April 9th) started off decently, and I thought the problem had finally resolved itself, but, nope. Back to hearing songs from the same five stations. Sigh.

Hopefully this can be remedied quickly, the shuffle feature is a HUGE plus that Pandora has going for it, I would hate to have to leave the service, but if it's only going to cycle thru a limited amount of my stations...

0 Kudos

eVarese
Underground

just started into my emails today — had to finish some music for my "job" — am turning P'dora on now. So far so good... but yesterday it definitely was not back to normal. This actually seems like a pretty easy fix, right? just go to the back-up server and reinstall what it was 3 weeks ago. I had never thought to check the Pandora "community" before this. Actually, I assumed I was one of the few people who uses Pandora like I do — still pretty sure of that, unless others reading this have a family plan with 5 accounts/5 shuffles that you go between for work, cooking, rainy day/weekend, kids music, & sleepy time. Once they fix this shuffle issue, maybe I can finally convince them to have MULTIPLE custom shuffles on 1 account (i've written many times to cust service) — would be much easier for me, and slightly less $. but, as a musician, I'm happy to pay for the use of other people's music! 🙂 

0 Kudos

pshift2
Underground

just to piggy back on my comment - after I wrote it, I logged off (not out - just closed my browser) and then reopened it about ten minutes later. So far, so good. Been about two hours, and my shuffle seems to be randomly going through my stations as intended.

*EDIT*  - spoke too soon, apparently. It's started doing it again - seems to be cycling through the same 6 stations. I tried logging off, and logging out and back in, and neither option seemed to work. Pandora - this is a problem - obviously many of us are unhappy with it. Please get this fixed and back to working the way that it was previously!!

0 Kudos

jharpaz
Local Performer

I came in to finally see if I can salvage my Pandora experience. I've been listening for about 10 years and have a very refined list of over 100 stations which I just listen to on Shuffle. For about a month, I hear the same songs every single day. I can't take it anymore. I stopped using Pandora. If there's a way to fix this, that would be great. All along, there were always some stations played more than others, but this has been extreme lately hearing the same five SONGS everyday.

0 Kudos

Saavedro88
Opening Act

My issue isn't that severe, but I'm still only getting 20 stations in my "Shuffle All." And I haven't heard from support for a while either. 

0 Kudos

asuss06
Opening Act

Hello???  its been 2 weeks since you said that my situation was being escalated to another team to look into it and fix it.  i havent heard from anyone and my problem is still going on.  i would completely expect some communication by now and i am a paying subscriber. i expect something a little better by now.

please get back to me.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jharpaz It sounds like you may be running into a separate issue with only specific songs repeating.

To clarify, what are the names of the five tracks that continue to repeat one after the other?

Are they always in the same order?

Additionally can you please send me a screenshot of the 5 tracks that continue to repeat when shuffling your stations?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saavedro88 To clarify, is it the same 20 stations that are getting shuffled every time you switch to Shuffle Mode?

Or do new stations eventually get cycled in as well?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pshift2 To clarify, are you still running into issues with Shuffle Mode only cycling through 6 stations at a time?

If so, are they always the same 6 stations that play, or a different set of 6 stations with each separate listening session?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@asuss06 To clarify, are you still only getting 3 or 4 stations cycled through when in Shuffle Mode?

Or has the number of stations getting shuffled increased, although not all of the ones you select are getting included?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

asuss06
Opening Act

yes, its still happening.  maybe it will be 5 stations, but its definitely a core 3 stations that will be constistant day after day, week after week. i do have at least 60 stations, but its only 4 or 5 that play every 15-30 minutes. perhaps one or two stations might vary ever 2 or 3 days but its still a definite 3 core stations.  but even those 2 varying stations will repeat every 15-30 minutes as well.

so yes, its still happening and hasnt magically remedied itself.

0 Kudos

pshift2
Underground

Hello,

Yesterday it seemed to have increased - I was keeping track and things seemed to have improved to about 20 stations... and then at some point the shuffle began to cycle back thru them again (in the exact same order that they had played previously.)
I have only just started listening today - about three songs have played so far, and they've all been different stations.I'll keep you updated on that regard.

As to the other part of your question - with each listening session, it appeared to be a different set of stations that would repeat. It wasn't always the same stations. So, it did seem that shuffle was working, in that it would randomly pick stations, but then at some point, it would get "stuck" and only shuffle thru those 5 or 6 (or, in the instance of yesterday, 20) stations.

Saavedro88
Opening Act

Adam, you didn't specifically ask me, but I will offer up my comment as well, simply to say that I'm having almost the exact same result as @pshift2 when he says: "As to the other part of your question - with each listening session, it appeared to be a different set of stations that would repeat. It wasn't always the same stations. So, it did seem that shuffle was working, in that it would randomly pick stations, but then at some point, it would get "stuck" and only shuffle thru those 5 or 6 (or, in the instance of yesterday, 20) stations."

If you deem it necessary, I can list the 20 stations that have been repeating all day today, but the list seems to be at least mostly different from day to day. 

Saavedro88
Opening Act

The same 20 stations will play in the same order for the entire session, however if I start a new session (such as restarting my computer, or quitting and relaunching the app) I will get a new set of 20 stations that will then continue to play in order. 

0 Kudos