Songs are Unavailable / Radio Only

Sageone73
Underground

Why are some of my collected songs unavailable or grayed out 

Labels (2)
50 Replies

itmfiddler
Underground

I have this same problem. My favorite song "With You" an OST by Jimin and HA SUNG WOON was on one of my playlists. I listen to it every day. This morning the song was marked as no longer available. I can't find it in search either.  

itmfiddler_0-1671029819018.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@itmfiddler That content has now been made available here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

itmfiddler
Underground

Thanks! It still says has it marked as UNAVAILABLE, but I can play it. Do you know what is going on?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@itmfiddler I recommend deleting the track you currently have in your playlist, and then re-adding the one with from link in my last message. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

itmfiddler
Underground

I'll try, but I am concerned it will go away completely. I'm having difficulties playing the one from your link consistently as well. 

0 Kudos

itmfiddler
Underground

That seems to have worked, thank you for your assistance!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @itmfiddler!

0 Kudos

lucasschen
Local Performer

I have this problem. <Everyday Working On> by Dean Martin is unavailable and grayed out. i wish  could you help me?微信截图_20230201181034.png

0 Kudos

duster7
Opening Act

HI,  I had one of my music tracts labeled "Unavailable".

Now when I play the playlist that tract is not being played.

Why would Pandora do that?  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @duster7. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Songs are Unavailable / Radio Only

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions.

In the meantime, you can create a station that will play similar songs and artists, based on an artist or a particular song. We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

duster7
Opening Act

Thanks.  I went over to Amazon Music and asked for the same song and it was "Unavailable".

Thery're reason was that the manufacturer of the album was no long making it and they

did no know why.  So, I doubt you will find it anywhere.  I have is on a CD but cannot 

upload to this platform.  So - it is whet it is.

dustery7

0 Kudos

trekman
Opening Act

Why are some songs allowed to be played and heard on Pandora radio stations, but the albums they are from arent allowed?  They are ok to play on Radio, but not on the albums? Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trekman I moved your post over to this existing thread: Songs are Unavailable / Radio Only

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions. In the meantime, you can create a station that will play similar songs and artists, based on an artist or a particular song. 

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

trekman
Opening Act

I understand why the license/permission thing you talk about Adam, But what is the difference if a song is played on a Radio Station or one of our Playlist's? A song is a song no matter where its being played. What is the difference in where its played? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Cnperry
Local Performer

This thread is 2 years old and the same automated response. Meanwhile, more and more of my collected songs are suddenly becoming unavailable. I pay for pandora premium, why are these songs disappearing?

Rayh
Local Performer

I have been trying for years to understand this “radio only” concept. All I hear is some vague comment about “because of our licenses…” They always say they are working to make all songs or projects available, yet it never happens. Can someone out there explain all this for a layman like me?

0 Kudos

Adamnj
Local Performer

Is there a way to buy the songs so that they are not radio only? That way I can include them on my playlist?

Because I would like to listen to certain songs when I'd like to and not just by chance it might play

0 Kudos

Adamnj
Local Performer

Could the licensing restrictions be resolved by offering the ability to purchase the songs? There are quite a few songs I would like to add to my play list that I would not mind purchasing to do so if only the option was there

0 Kudos

chottel
Local Performer

I have been a subscriber to Pandora for a few years now, only recently discovered that some of my absolute favorite songs by my absolutely favorite band (Cigarettes After Sex) are no longer available on Pandora due to "licensing restrictions". Can someone please explain how this works, and will I ever be able to hear my favs on Pandora again? My life is so incomplete!

CH

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

BettyBoop44
Local Performer

How can I delete an album or song in my collection that is no longer available?  It's greyed out but when I click on it it just says "unavailable ."  I want to clean up my list by deleting them.

0 Kudos