cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbing on Genre Stations with Curated Modes

bp4437
Opening Act

Songs I thumb in curated mode appear in the station's thumbed up playlist. However, I don't see the thumb rating when they appear while listening to the curated mode where the song first appeared. Additionally, My Station mode does not appear to be influenced by songs thumbed in curated mode and only remembers songs thumbed in My Station.

I'm enjoying Songs of Summer right now. I love the musical road trip and thumbed dozens of songs across several curated modes. I expected My Station to be influenced by favorites but it feels like it's doing its own thing while the curated modes act as if it's my first visit. Songs of Summer and Decibel Radio are the best examples of where I'm finding this.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @bp4437 Thanks for posting to community!

Genre stations and Curated Modes are curated by Pandora, and they behave a little bit differently than your own personalized stations. You can continue to thumb down tracks that you don’t want to hear, however, thumbing up a track could change the listening experience. Since thumbing up would most likely inspire music outside of the scope of the intended genre; thumbs up will be less impactful on these types of stations.

If you’d like to have more control, I would recommend creating a new station based on some of the thumbs up ratings you’ve given.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @bp4437 Thanks for posting to community!

Genre stations and Curated Modes are curated by Pandora, and they behave a little bit differently than your own personalized stations. You can continue to thumb down tracks that you don’t want to hear, however, thumbing up a track could change the listening experience. Since thumbing up would most likely inspire music outside of the scope of the intended genre; thumbs up will be less impactful on these types of stations.

If you’d like to have more control, I would recommend creating a new station based on some of the thumbs up ratings you’ve given.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

MrGotin
Local Performer

Do people actually like that? Who wouldn't want finite control? One thing I've found I have to do now is never upvote anything because as you say, it utterly derails the station and I have to just delete and start it over at that point because once that upvote is in place you can't alter the change it mskes.

Please fire whoever came up with this idea and all the chuckleheads who agreed with it.

0 Kudos