cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs left on one station will play on others

oshw8023
Local Performer

My thumbs are starting to bleed over to my other stations. In other words, when I make a brand new station, it will play music I've thumbed from all my other stations. IE: Three Days Grace and Tom Petty will play on a Goo Goo Dolls station. What's the easiest way to fix this problem?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
5 Replies

Re: Easiest way to clear thumbs

AdamPandora Moderator

@oshw8023 Welcome to the community!

To clarify, thumbs are station specific - so any tracks you thumb up/down on one station won't actually affect your other stations.

With that being said, here are some tips to help you get the most out of the stations you create if you are running into issues with the selections playing. 

Enjoy the music! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

oshw8023
Local Performer

I have read that article. It used to be that way, but hasn't with my account in quite awhile. Yesterday, I decided to test that out and started clearing most of my thumbs from all my stations. I am now getting more variety on most of my stations. Here's another example of what was happening. I created a custom R&B station with my favorite artists. Mariah Carey was one of those artists with a ton of thumbs on that station. When I would listen to any 90s Pandora station, most of those thumbed songs would play every 4th or 5th song on that 90s station. Not sure if there are more people experiencing this problem. 

0 Kudos

machiatto
Local Performer

I am having this same problem. I have a very long running Joe Bonamassa station. But now Joe Bonamassa plays on every station I have created regardless of Genre. This is true for other artists as well. I can thumbs down Joe Bonamassa on my Wailing Jennies station all day long, but he keeps popping back up. Popa Chubby will play on my Chris Stapleton station. Chris stapleton will pop up on my Patty Griffin station. Thumbs down on those artists will not stop them from playing.

I have deleted my stations down to just a few, but as I build them back up, they start to bleed again. Is there a way to completely reset my thumbs? If I delete ALL my stations will that do it? Do I need to create a new account and start fresh?

The response above that thumbs are station specific may be the intent, but that is NOT the behavior.

0 Kudos

nharper
Local Performer

I agree with the others below. That is not the way Pandora is behaving.

A few months week ago, I started a new rap station based on the artist NF. None of my stations had ever played him before, he was a totally new artist to me recommended by a friend.

A few weeks ago, I started another station based on one song: Rewrite the Stars from the musical movie The Greatest Showman. One of the first songs recommended on that station? Music by NF.

So I appreciate that Pandora thumbs up are supposed to be separate from each other for each station, which is great. But my stations appear to be bleeding over too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

Well, if I start to hear rock music or blues music on my Nature Sounds Radio, I'll know that there's a problem!! Most of my stations focus on rock and/or blues, but I've recently started to develop an interest in nature sounds. I also have a Halloween station that mixes Halloween rock and Halloween sounds.

0 Kudos