cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracks meant to play together are split up

ZakkBurck
Local Performer

The song "3 minute drill" by Liquid Tension Experiment is supposed to be a 3 part complete song, no pause in play. Only seems like the first part of that song will ever play on any stations. Could you do anything to correct the song and make it complete?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZakkBurck I created a new thread for your post since you were providing feedback on a separate issue.

I definitely hear where you are coming from, but we're caught in a complicated set of licensing rules that were designed for the world of pop songs and ignore the realities of how music is presented by the record labels. One rule prevents us from playing a number of consecutive tracks from the same album.

Unfortunately, many labels choose to divide intros (and sometimes longer songs) into separate tracks. We are required to treat each track as a separate "song". The result is as you describe. We're torn between offering portions of fine performances of outstanding music and not offering those works at all.

That being said, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium, which allows you to search and play full albums on-demand.

In the meantime, I recommend giving a ❤️ to this existing feature request to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well: Play songs to that are meant to be together

Hope this helps! 😁

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ZakkBurck I created a new thread for your post since you were providing feedback on a separate issue.

I definitely hear where you are coming from, but we're caught in a complicated set of licensing rules that were designed for the world of pop songs and ignore the realities of how music is presented by the record labels. One rule prevents us from playing a number of consecutive tracks from the same album.

Unfortunately, many labels choose to divide intros (and sometimes longer songs) into separate tracks. We are required to treat each track as a separate "song". The result is as you describe. We're torn between offering portions of fine performances of outstanding music and not offering those works at all.

That being said, you may consider upgrading to Pandora Premium, which allows you to search and play full albums on-demand.

In the meantime, I recommend giving a ❤️ to this existing feature request to express your interest in getting it added to the service as well: Play songs to that are meant to be together

Hope this helps! 😁

SkipSlocum
Local Performer

Just upgraded Pandora.  Went to a favorite artist Long John Baldry.  Obscure.

On "It ain't Easy" original album my favorite song starts with an intro track (track 1) then second track is the song "Don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll" The intro and song were connected.  On Pandora the tracks are reversed.  Can that be corrected.  The song makes no sense without the intro.

Pandora is great but can things like that be corrected?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @SkipSlocum! Thanks for posting. I hope you're enjoying your Premium subscription. 

I moved your post over to an existing thread on this topic: Tracks meant to play together are split up

Please check out Adam's post above for more details on this. We also have a feature request for this which you can find here. I do recommend giving that a 'like' to let us know it's something you'd like to see on Pandora. 

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos