cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add songs to existing playlists

Pastordoug
Underground

I am having a problem with my playlists not being visible, I would like to add to my playlists but an error message pops up saying that they are working on the problem. It has been three weeks at least. I have Microsoft Edge and Chrome, tried both of them and neither mattered. Christmas is coming wanted to put playlists together. Thinking about cancelling subscription. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pastordoug Our support team took a look at your account on their end and were unable to reproduce this.

They were able to sort your collection by Playlists to view them:

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.58.53 AM.png

If you are still seeing an error message, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of it?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Pastordoug
Underground

When I want to add to my existing playlists it only gives the option of new playlist. No existing playlists. So I can't add to them. How do you take a screenshot? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pastordoug Thanks for clarifying that with me.

You should be able to add either collected tracks, or tracks you search for to your existing playlists.

To add a currently playing track to a playlist:

1. Start on the Now Playing screen for the current track.
  2. Tap on the ellipsis below the album art.
  3. Select Add to Playlist and indicate whether you'd like to add the track to a new playlist or an existing one.

To add other content to a playlist:

1. Search for the content you'd like to add to your playlist.
  2. If you're on a computer, hover your mouse over the name of that content and select the ellipsis. If you're on a mobile device, you'll want to press and hold the search result to pop up the overflow menu.
  3. Select Add to Playlist and indicate whether you'd like to add the track to a new playlist or an existing one.

Here is a screenshot of what you should see:

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 11.18.40 AM.png

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

Pastordoug
Underground

Did this and the only thing offered is new playlist not my existing ones 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pastordoug Thanks for following up.

I have went ahead and escalated this over to our engineers so that they can look into this further.

While the option to add to your existing playlists may not appear initially, there is a slight workaround for this (that isn't the most ideal).

If you click around to different portions of the website, and then navigate back to the track you want to add to a playlist, the options should appear again.

You can also click on add to New Playlist, delete that new playlist (after the track is added to it and it gets created), and then when you return to the track, the option to add to your existing playlists should appear again.

This all being said, our engineers are looking into this issue for you, and I can assure you that your feedback has been passed along to them.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix for this. 🛠

0 Kudos

Lissy128
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue as well.  Has there been a fix for this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lissy128 While our engineers are still working on finding a permanent fix for this, check out my message above for a slight workaround. 

In the meantime, I have also made sure to pass along your feedback to our engineers.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

loverofhorses
Local Performer

I've been having this issue. I have a Playlist of 857 songs & for the past few weeks it will not show up when I try to add a song to it. Only a new playlist will show up. Please help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@loverofhorses Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. What is the name of the playlist that is not showing up?
  2. Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?
  3. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  4. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  5. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  6. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

0 Kudos

loverofhorses
Local Performer

I've been having an issue with my playlist titled "My Playlist" showing up whenIwant to add a song to it. I have a Playlist of 857 songs & for the past few weeks it will not show up when I try to add a song to it. Only a new playlist will show up. Please help. 

0 Kudos

@loverofhorses , I had a playlist called "An All Women's Playlist", I went to add a song to it and it had been deleted, how I got it back, in your search bar type in your playlist name, it should show up, once it does just re-collect it for your collection. That is what I did to recover my playlist. If by chance that does not work for you, then here are Pandora's moderator's that will be more than willing to help you. Just click on the high-lighted name link and you can message one of them. @AlyssaPandora , @AdamPandora , @TannerPandora , and @ErickPandora . Wish you the best. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@loverofhorses Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

loverofhorses
Local Performer

I had emailed you back previously. It is “My Thumbs Up” playlist that will not let me add tracks on my iPad Pro 11 or my Android Samsung Note 10 (Verizon). No error message. It just doesn’t show up at all in my Playlist to add songs. 

And I tried what Mohempstead said below & it still did not show up.

Please help me fix this.

0 Kudos

loverofhorses
Local Performer

9E4E9C39-0D44-4E3F-96EF-CB4CD4B199AC.jpeg3B035E39-422C-4764-8D5C-2C61890F2AA0.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @loverofhorses.

I've gone ahead and added My Thumbs Up playlist back to your collection for you.

Can you please try again and let me know if you continue to run into issues with this?

0 Kudos

davo
Local Performer

I am having the same issue where i am unable to add songs to existing playlists.  I tried to follow the instructions above by clicking in other places (both on the app on iPhone and on website) and i am still unable to add the new song to an existing playlist.  I only have the choice of adding it to a new playlist or adding it to My Tumbs Up.  I followed the workaround by adding it to a new playlist.  The steps above indicate that i should then delete the new playlist.  I can't figure out how to delete the new playlist.  Help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@davo Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of what you see when you attempt to add a song to your playlists?

0 Kudos

Ahsr1992
Local Performer

I am having issues with my Pandora, It will play the song and then when I want to add any song to a playlist it wont do anything, I have to wait about 5 mins with it closed to allow me to add about 5 songs at a time. 

Any help would be great thank you in advanced 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Ahsr1992 👋

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. What is the name of the playlist that is not showing up?
  2. Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?
  3. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  4. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  5. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  6. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos