cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make shared station your own

modanny1
Local Performer

I'm trying to share a station with my friend, but the link just creates a new station for them from my original seed. It doesn't transfer the thumbed up tracks. I'm pretty sure I'm following the directions correctly

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
49 Replies

Renfro
Local Performer

Nothing.

Nothing Happens. Its been that way for months now and is beyond frustratintg. 

0 Kudos

rothja
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. I want to share some of my stations with my daughter's new account. This is a Christmas gift and I need it to work. Please fix!

0 Kudos

AJer
Local Performer

Using Win 10 and Web site for Pandora.  When I click Thumbs Up or Down, I get the 1st attached photo screen shot.  After I click the Continue button, I get the second error.  Is this happening for anybody else?  Been going on for 2 days or more.

Click Continue and this msg appears.  Pic 2 Thumbs Up/Down ProblemClick Continue and this msg appears. Pic 2 Thumbs Up/Down ProblemThumbs Up/Down Problem Pic 1Thumbs Up/Down Problem Pic 1

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AJer I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

RyanMM
Underground

This is happening to me as well, just confirmed. As recently as the fall, I was able to make this work (August 4th was the date I shared a station via email and I "cloned" it to my account successfully a few days later).

Any ETA on a fix?

0 Kudos

RyanMM
Underground

I just received this email after submitting this problem to their support. It's like they aren't even aware of the problem internally even after 2 months of posts on the support forums.

PGwhKJf

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RyanMM Our support team has informed me that they were able to pass your feedback along to our engineers so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience with this as they work to find a resolution.

0 Kudos

RyanMM
Underground
Any progress or updates?

rainman
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. It seems like this has been going on for several months now with no solution, but Pandora simply acknowledging and thanking us for our patience! 

This is a feature that is currently advertised as an option and was considered when we became Premium Account members. If this is feature that is not going working correctly, Pandora should state that clearly so account holders don't have to spend time going through the process of trying to share accounts, only to learn that it does not work as advertised.

By the threads I'm reading, this seems like very poor customer service.  Is this really a priority for Pandora to address?  I so, what is the estimated time till the fix is in place? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RyanMM @rainman Unfortunately, our engineers are still looking into this. 

I definitely understand your frustration and can assure you they are working on finding a fix.

We appreciate your patience. 

0 Kudos

lukethebook333
Local Performer

Hey @AlyssaPandora , did something recently change? When I look at my shared stations from other people their likes aren't appearing, even though I never took action to make it my own

It looks like the likes are showing up on my mobile phone app - so perhaps it's just a website only bug on desktop?

0 Kudos

KDandenell
Local Performer

I have this problem as well. I created a second account to use on another device in the house. Both accounts are public, and the copied playlist links (e.g., https://www.pandora.com/station/play/191328080041821054?part=ug-desktop&corr=108217214) does not work. It simply dumps me to the home page (web).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KDandenell I was unable to reproduce this issue on my end.

After clicking on the link you provided, I am taken to a station named Mozart and such.

Is that the correct station you were attempting to share with another account?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

IslandMacGuy
Local Performer

That is the correct link. However, when I log in using my new account, there is no way to select that station. While logged in, I click on that link and nothing happens.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IslandMacGuy To clarify, what page are you brought to after clicking on that link?

Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

IslandMacGuy
Local Performer

IslandMacGuy_0-1609183587778.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IslandMacGuy After clicking on Continue, you should be able to use that station.

Are you still having trouble getting it added to your collection?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

n00k33n
Local Performer

How long has it been? I tested Pandora's website, Android, iOS, ChromeOS and I cannot personalize my stations still. Android and iOS write Station can't be personalized, while the website shows Continue button but nothing happens once clicked, just closes the popup. Is it ever going to get fixed? It used to work, what could have broken it so badly?
Is there a workaround as temporary solution?

0 Kudos

IslandMacGuy
Local Performer

Yes - clicking on "Continue" sends me back to Now Playing screen. No change. Thumbs up or Thumbs down has no effect.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@n00k33n Nice to see you around the Community. 

Can you please confirm that both of your accounts are set to Public?

Thanks for your patience with this.

0 Kudos