where are song lyrics?

fred 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @fred2! Thanks for posting.

I moved your post from Feature Request to My Collection since this board fits a little bit better. 

If lyrics for the currently playing track are available on Pandora, then they will be displayed below the album art on web. You can click on See All Lyrics to view the full lyrics.

If you don't see lyrics there, we don't have lyrics available for that track. Keep in mind, due to licensing restrictions, we are able to the provide lyrics for some tracks but not others. If these restrictions change, lyrics that were once available may be removed or others may be added.

If you'd like to view lyrics on a mobile device:

Free Pandora listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers can view lyrics for the currently playing song by tapping the carat (^) below the album artwork.

Pandora Premium subscribers can simply scroll down, or tap the info icon (i) on the top right corner of the Now Playing screen.

Initially you will only be able to see a little snippet of the lyrics on this screen, but you can tap Show More or See all lyrics to reveal the rest.

More info:

Additionally, if you have the explicit filter enabled, you won't be able to view the lyrics of explicit tracks. To disable the explicit filter, go into your Settings, select Account, and toggle Allow explicit content to On.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @fred2! Thanks for posting.

I moved your post from Feature Request to My Collection since this board fits a little bit better. 

If lyrics for the currently playing track are available on Pandora, then they will be displayed below the album art on web. You can click on See All Lyrics to view the full lyrics.

If you don't see lyrics there, we don't have lyrics available for that track. Keep in mind, due to licensing restrictions, we are able to the provide lyrics for some tracks but not others. If these restrictions change, lyrics that were once available may be removed or others may be added.

If you'd like to view lyrics on a mobile device:

Free Pandora listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers can view lyrics for the currently playing song by tapping the carat (^) below the album artwork.

Pandora Premium subscribers can simply scroll down, or tap the info icon (i) on the top right corner of the Now Playing screen.

Initially you will only be able to see a little snippet of the lyrics on this screen, but you can tap Show More or See all lyrics to reveal the rest.

More info:

Additionally, if you have the explicit filter enabled, you won't be able to view the lyrics of explicit tracks. To disable the explicit filter, go into your Settings, select Account, and toggle Allow explicit content to On.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

dewdewmommy0815
Underground

Why is it that only certain songs have the lyrics to them....... I would really like to have the lyrics to every song they pay. Especially for the people who pay for pandora...........

Rallenz
Underground

Why doesn't Pandora offer full song lyrics? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dewdewmommy0815 @Rallenz I moved your posts over to this existing thread: How to view song lyrics

If we have the lyrics available for a certain track, you should be able to view them in their entirety.

If you don't see any lyrics, then that means we don't have lyrics available for that specific track. Keep in mind, due to licensing restrictions, we are able to the provide lyrics for some tracks but not others. If these restrictions change, lyrics that were once available may be removed or others may be added.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

I also recommend checking out Tanner's Tips: #10 Lyrics for a more detailed breakdown on how lyrics work on Pandora.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Rallenz
Underground
Awesome. Thanks.

*Kind regards, *

*Richard*

Mikel2
Local Performer

I have no problem finding the lyrics on the app (^) but on my desktop i have no clue where they are!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mikel2 If the lyrics are available for the song that is playing, you can find them by scrolling down on the now playing screen:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 7.07.03 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos