cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do thumb ratings affect different versions by same artist?

rcherye
Local Performer

Can I thumbs down one version of a song without blocking other versions of the same song by the same artist?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @rcherye , welcome and thanks for being part of our community!

Thumbs are station specific. Giving a song a Thumbs Down tells us not to play this particular track on this particular station. It will not affect other versions of the same song. 

For more info about Thumbs, click here

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @rcherye , welcome and thanks for being part of our community!

Thumbs are station specific. Giving a song a Thumbs Down tells us not to play this particular track on this particular station. It will not affect other versions of the same song. 

For more info about Thumbs, click here

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

cgf
Local Performer
This does not answer the question. The question is what if an artist has two different versions of the same song on different albums? Can you give a thumbs up/down for one but not the other?
0 Kudos

BreenX
Diamond in the Rough

So if I thumb down a horrid re-recorded version of song, it will not affect the original version . . . . ? Or will thumbing down the name of a song . . . I just want the original version of songs and never EVER the re-recorded versions. If I could perpetually thumb down the words "re-recorded version" I would . . . bleh! . . . I understand why they exist, but . . . bleh! . . . ..

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BreenX @cgf That is correct - the thumb rating you give is only associated with that specific track. 

It will not affect the other versions of the same track that can potentially play on your station. 

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

ctamutal
Opening Act

what if the different version has the same song title without the words re-recorded etc...in the title?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ctamutal Your Thumbs Up/Down will only apply to the specific track that you give the rating to (even if there is a similar track with a similar song title).

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos