Local Performer

I phone How to turn parental controls on & off ? TY

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Smilesintexas3! Welcome to community.

You can set the explicit filter either on the web or from a mobile device.

Enabling this filter will limit Pandora to playing music that could play on daytime broadcast radio. Please note that this can only be applied to the entire account, not a specific station and applies only to stations and not on-demand content.  Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

To set the filter from your iPhone or Android:

1. Open the Pandora app and select the Profile tab.
  2. Then open the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  3. Next go to Account. Once you are on the Account screen, you can toggle the Allow explicit content switch off to filter explicit content (toggle on if you wish to allow explicit content).

To set the filter from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Smilesintexas3! Welcome to community.

You can set the explicit filter either on the web or from a mobile device.

Enabling this filter will limit Pandora to playing music that could play on daytime broadcast radio. Please note that this can only be applied to the entire account, not a specific station and applies only to stations and not on-demand content.  Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

To set the filter from your iPhone or Android:

1. Open the Pandora app and select the Profile tab.
  2. Then open the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  3. Next go to Account. Once you are on the Account screen, you can toggle the Allow explicit content switch off to filter explicit content (toggle on if you wish to allow explicit content).

To set the filter from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Farreach56
Local Performer

Just like discovery or deep cut modes. I feel there should be a work friendly mode [no explicit language]  for stations you love

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Farreach56 I moved your post over to this existing thread: All Devices: Explicit Filter

You do have the option of preventing explicit content from playing on your stations.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to do so.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Ireallyamlisa
Local Performer

I have a few stations that I love but can't play at work because of the language. An option (like a toggle switch?) to play only radio-edited versions of songs on any given station so I can turn it on at work but off otherwise.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ireallyamlisa I moved your post over to this existing thread: All Devices: Explicit Filter

You do have the option of preventing explicit content from playing on your stations.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to do so.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

LikeDavid
Local Performer

How do I get clean music 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LikeDavid I moved your post over to this existing thread: All Devices: Explicit Filter

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to do so.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

LikeDavid
Local Performer

Yes I have that explicit option

Jjessa00
Local Performer

I've had explicit lyrics turned off for several years. Now all of a sudden this month, I'm hearing the same songs on my playlist that I've been using for years WITH the foul language. I checked my settings and it still says explicit lyrics are off, but I'm still hear it. Something happened recently. Please fix it!

TannerPandora

Hi @Jjessa00 

Can you confirm if this is happening on a playlist or a station? Keep in mind, the explicit filter only applies to stations.

If this happened on a playlist, can you let me know the name of the playlist and the name of the track. I'll take a closer look.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

frankthatank
Local Performer

Have explicit turned off on my sons install, yet the explicit symbol next to the songs within his playlists still shows up. Also, if he gets to an explicit song and he knows better, he selects another song on his playlist and it doesn't play, it pulls up an explicit song instead *SMH*

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @frankthatank 

The explicit filter will only apply to songs that play on stations; it doesn't apply to playlists you create, or those created for you by Pandora.

When you're curating playlists or searching for podcasts, you can identify explicit tracks by a red "E" label. To keep explicit songs or podcasts from your collection, avoid adding those with that label.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos