cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altice One app - Not Playing Automatically

bloopeanut
Underground

On my Altice One app on my TV, the music used to start playing automatically after I select a channel, and continue without intervention until I stop it or choose something else.  Now, when I start a channel, I see the song information but it doesn't start playing.  I notice that in the slider that usually goes from "0:00" to the length of the song, where it would normally show the song length, I see dashes "--:--".  If I press the pause button and then the play button, the song will play and the dashes will be replaced by the song length, as normal.  However, when it goes to the next song, and each succeeding song, the same behavior happens each time.  This happens no matter which channel I select.  How do we restore the automatic play?

Labels (1)
81 Replies

sadonaman
Local Performer

I have the same problem with a Sony TV, with Alice One (Suddenlink) being the provider.

0 Kudos

Lynnf
Local Performer

Same problem. I have a Samsung running on altice 1

0 Kudos

questionman
Local Performer

I have he same issue with the Altice One box.  It started happening in about Oct 2020.  At that time, I could manually change to a different station and the play from song to song would proceed automatically.  Now, however, I can only get one song to play no matter what I do.  The Altice One box has been rebooted many times to no avail.  Every other device that I use for Pandora seems to work so I believe this is a problem with Altice One.  

Patience exhausted.....

0 Kudos

Matt1032
Local Performer

Any solution! Cannot take this. Will need to cancel my account. This issue is so consistent and real among everyone, and it seems they are not giving it a priority. Should have been nipped in the bud already. Pathetic you need to use the remote after each song and hit is twice to move to the next song. Makes Pandora not useable. And I refuse to have to use my iPhone to connect and drive Pandora on my TV.  

Moderator Edit: Format

learls
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. The above post is several months old - have you found a solution yet?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @learls! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've added your info to our ticket. We've contacted the Altice team and they are actively investigating this on their side. 

I'll be sure to post any updates as soon as I'm made aware. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mmarra82
Local Performer

Same issue here...pandora works fine through my Roku but not cable.  

0 Kudos

Johnnypt
Local Performer

Has there been any solution to this problem. It’s obvious it must be an app problem since so many are having the same symptoms. My Pandora has not worked on my Altice One for several months now. I’ve tried all of the things I can think of. I’d like to re-load the app but can’t figure out how to do that. Please help!

0 Kudos

Shaun317
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue! I’ve been unplugging and rebooting the altice one box to no avail. Pandora works fine on my other devices, just not on the altice box and I cannot use the app because of it. Any updates? Glad to see I’m not the only one having this frustrating issue 

0 Kudos

chuck07446
Underground

I'm having the exact same issue. I am listening through my home network (wifi) provided by Altice One.

0 Kudos

gweh
Local Performer

Seriously, how long can it take to figure this out? It's been going on for months, affecting everyone who has Altice One, so it is obviously a system issue, not individual users. The engineers need to look back to see what changes were made back when this started, and go from there. Very frustrating - I like others have been told to reboot my Altice box (to no avail) and then to call Pandora. Wouldn't surprise me if it were an Altice issue, but Pandora engineers need to figure this out....

0 Kudos

Aloha105
Underground

Add me to the list of customers with issues trying to use Pandora app with Altice One.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Aloha105! Thanks for posting to community. Sorry to hear this is happening. 

I've included your information on our ticket for this issue. You may have already read, we're currently working with the Altice One team to investigate this issue. 

Thanks for your understanding and patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RBJ16
Local Performer

This message began in September 2020 - I wrote a message on the same issue in February 2021. What exactly are the engineers doing to resolve this problem? This is not the way to build confidence in your product and should be expedited in its resolution.

Eddie3
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem. Altice saying it’s Pandora problem. How long until someone fixes this?

0 Kudos

-DDH
Local Performer

Same problem here. It is undoubtedly a result of running Pandora from Altice box. I also have Roku, and Pandora plays continuously from the same account on that source. 

Please add me to notification if this problem gets fixed. This is awful. 

0 Kudos

CM22
Local Performer

Same frustrating problem here!! Add me to the list for a fix.

0 Kudos

Marlene
Local Performer

Turn on the app and pick my genre . It plays one song and when its over , it stops dead in its tracks.  Do you have a fix for this?  Thanks.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

Luckymom
Underground

Please add me to the ticket for this issue.  I once was able to play Pandora continually on my SONY TV's, but I can't anymore.  Very frustrating!

0 Kudos

nailitfast
Local Performer

Hi I have the same issue with my Samsung TV with Optimum - was curious to know how you fixed your issue. I use my remotes microphone to launch Pandora it launches okay and I can see my stations but the song does not play when I select the song.

0 Kudos