cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa - Won't play requested song

dunn832
Local Performer

My alexa used to play a specific song and now it chooses the wrong song.  I tell it the song and artist and it just gives me the artist music, not that specific song.  It used to work.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dunn832 Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Alexa. Can you tell me a little more about your experience?

• Which Alexa model and generation do you have?
  • What phrase(s) did you say to Alexa? (Please be as specific as possible.)
  • Can you please give me an example of a song you attempted to play, and what Alexa played for you instead?

In the meantime, you can log into your Amazon account to view what Alexa thinks you said, in order to report feedback to Amazon directly. This is referred to as your "Utterance History report."

To view your utterance history report, click this link from a computer and log into your Alexa account. Or from a mobile device launch the Alexa app, tap the Menu icon, select Activity and then More under Pandora activity.

From here you'll be able to view what Alexa thought she heard, as well as listen to a recording of what you said. If she didn't do what you wanted, be sure to let Amazon know by selecting No.

Please send over a screenshot showing your utterance history report. I'll be sure to pass this along to our engineering team as well. Let me know if you need help doing that.

0 Kudos

dunn832
Local Performer

It is Echo 2nd generation.  I asked it to play collide by Ed Sheeren and it always just says Ed Sheeren by Pandora.  The activity says I asked for Collide and it played Ed Sheeren playlist instead.  It used to recognize a song from pandora and it doesn't do that anymore

0 Kudos

dunn832
Local Performer

I have tried sending the screenshot and it tells me an error sending it.  Please advise.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @dunn832!

I'm creating a ticket to pass along to our engineering team  for further investigation. Does this happen only with requesting 'Collide' or have you noticed the same behavior when requesting other tracks?

For the screenshot: Are you seeing the error message on mobile or web? What does it say?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos