cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android TV: Error message unable to connect

Summerhouse
Local Performer

I have the same issue (error) connecting via the TV only.  Yes uninstalling works for the first few times, then we get it again.  Seems to have no issues on samsung or iphone device.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora

@Summerhouse I moved your post over to the Other Devices space.

What is the make and model of your TV?

Additionally, can you please reply to this thread and send a picture of the error message you're seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Summerhouse
Local Performer

Hi,  The TV is a TLC Google TV.

The error message is the Pandora is unable to connect.    Check settings.    There is then nothing you can do except to uninstall and then reinstall the app until it happens again.    

At this point, we are not login in and using the free version even though we have a paid subscription. 

I believe it has something to do with using it on our phone when we are out, then coming back and using it on our TV.... And or the Google tv does not completely log out when switching apps.  Neither is an acceptable solution.

We already deleted all users and changed password on a reinstall.   If this keeps up, we will probably not renew Pandora.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Summerhouse Are you connected with WIFI or Ethernet?

In the meantime, trying clearing the cache and data on your Android TV with the below steps. Keep in mind these steps are general, there may be more specific steps on how to do this within your owner's manual.

• On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
  • Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
    • Select Apps.
  • Under System apps, select Pandora.
  • Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
    • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
  • Select Clear data, then select Ok.
    • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos