cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV: Search not working

bcmass16
Local Performer

When I go to search it won’t let me click on the search bar. It’s been like this for a week or so.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bcmass16 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps:

"Soft restart" the app:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Select System.
  3. Then select Restart.

"Hard restart" the app:

1. Users with Aluminum or White Apple Remotes can restart the app by holding down the Menu and Down buttons simultaneously. Let go when the light on your device flashes.
  2. Users with Siri Remotes or Apple TV remotes should hold down the Display and Menu buttons simultaneously. Let go when the light on your device flashes.

If you're still having trouble, make sure you have the latest update of the Pandora app by going to the App Store, searching Pandora and selecting Update if you see it.

If Pandora still doesn't work, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app as follows: Go to your home screen and click and hold the Pandora icon until it starts wiggling, then click Play/Pause to delete the app.

Next, open the App Store, search for Pandora, and click the Get arrow.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

J77bman
Local Performer

Hi, having a similar issue being unable to click on search bar. 

For additional background, if I log out of my account and re-signin the full search bar is visible and can be accessed. However, once a search criteria is entered, the search bar looses functionality and cannot be reselected. All it shows is my previous search with found match material. Appreciate any insights.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @J77bman! - welcome to community! 👋

I tried searching on Pandora with my own Apple TV and ran into the same problem. Happy to pass this along to our engineering team for a closer look.

Can you let me know the following info about your Apple TV:

• Apple TV model?
  • Apple TV OS?
  • Pandora version?

Let me know if you have trouble finding any of the above info.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JayHadley
Local Performer

I am having the same problem with searching in Pandora on Apple TV. When I try to search, nothing happens. I can type in or do the voice search, for example, jazz, and there are no results. I can see my previous stations that I have played and I can see the stations that I have created but I cannot search for things. I can put things into the search bar, but then nothing happens. Normally, when you put something into the search bar, it generates results automatically.

I will also say that I have tried all the suggested fixes in this thread with no success.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JayHadley! Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you let me know which Apple TV model you have the Pandora version. If you need help finding this, let me know. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bleepblabloop
Local Performer

We're trying to enjoy the holiday break here. We just purchased the family plan. I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps listed above. Search is broken on Apple TV. You can type in a search term, but there's no way to commit or "go". This is really frustrating.

We have to search on the phone, then refresh the Apple TV app to see our new station. This shouldn't be that difficult to address. Put a "done" button under the keyboard, like Amazon Prime and Disney Plus has. 

Apple TV model A1842 (latest OS and updates); Pandora v1911.1

CC @TannerPandora @AdamPandora

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bleepblabloop! Thanks for posting.

I've gone ahead passed your experience along to our engineering team and placed your info on our existing ticket.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MusicFan48392
Local Performer

I can access the search bar on my Apple tv, but it’s not doing anything when I type in the search terms. I’m on TVos 16.1, model A1842

0 Kudos

Euphorius
Local Performer

I've been experiencing the same thing. Why can't we just go straight to our playlists/stations when opening the app instead of being presented with a search bar that doesn't work and music genres we don't want?

Hope developers revert the app to the last working version...

0 Kudos

watsthedeal
Local Performer

I recently installed tvOS update 16.2 on Apple TV streaming device.  Now the "search" function is lost, in both voice and typing modes.  

The problem is limited to Apple streaming devices, the app, and all its functions (including "search"), continues to work fine on all other devices.

As other users know, none of the suggestions to restart the app, delete and re-install the app, etc., fix the problem.  

It is obvious that Pandora needs to fix their end in order for the app to function completely and correctly with tvOS 16.2.  I've seen  "moderator" comments happily stating that they're aware of the problem and have turned it over to their engineers.  

That's encouraging, but this has been ongoing for too long -- it needs to get fixed.

Being absolutely honest, I had planned to start the New Year by upgrading from the free version to the paid, Premium version.  I obviously won't do that unless this is fixed, and if that doesn't occur very soon, I'll give up using the free version as well, as it is of little use with no "search" function.

0 Kudos