cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV: Station Unavailable Error Message

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 11/21/2019 - Thank you to everyone who took the time to call out this issue. We believe that this has now been resolved. 

Feedback in the thread has confirmed this so I am closing this thread as resolved. If you experience this issue again, feel free to post and let us know.

Pandora Update: 11/20/2019 - Some of our listeners have reported that they are receiving the error message 'Station Unavailable' on their Apple TV. 

We are aware of the issue and will provide updates in this thread.

Thanks for reporting this issue. More to come soon. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 11/21/2019 - Thank you to everyone who took the time to call out this issue. We believe that this has now been resolved. 

Feedback in the thread has confirmed this so I am closing this thread as resolved. If you experience this issue again, feel free to post and let us know. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
90 Replies

n-goldberg
Local Performer

I am frequently seeing an error that states "This station is not currently available" after 1 or 2 tracks play from multiple stations.  I have rebooted the AppleTV and my iPhone, but I still get the same behavior.  Any ideas?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @n-goldberg thanks for posting to community! 🎧 I've noticed this on my Apple TV too. 

Can you give me a couple of station examples that this is happening on? 

Also, I'm going to remove the device association with your Apple TV - can you please, uninstall the app, and then reinstall. After you log back in, let me know if you're still having trouble. 📺

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

KK
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same problem on my Apple TV. Stations will play maybe 20-30 minutes and then the message comes up "station is currently not available". I've disconnected wi-fi, logged out of Pandora, restarted Apple TV. Same problem with pandora continues. What is up?

0 Kudos

Eric1
Underground

For the past week, we continually receive the "this station is not currently available" error message. It appears after approxmiately 10-15 minutes of listening, regardless of which station we're listening to.

We stream Pandora at home (where the problem is happening) via Apple TV and with a Bose home theater. 

We've used this service for many years and never had this problem before.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide,

Eric

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Eric1 @KK.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I've seen a few mentions of this floating around the community among different devices.

I'd like to gather as many details as possible so that I can report this accurately to our engineering team.

1. Where are you listening (does this only happen at home, work, or on the go)?
  2. Is this happening on all your stations or just one? (specifically for @KK)
  3. Is this happening when you are on Wi-Fi or cellular data?
  4. Is this happening across all your devices or just one?

If this is happening on one specific device, please send:

• Model (i.e. iPhone, Galaxy, etc.):
  • Operating system (i.e. Android 9 or iOS 13):

Your help with this is appreciated!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

patmleon
Local Performer

It’s been happening to me, too, the last week. On my Apple TV and blue tooth in in car. and Carplay in the car. Everywhere!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this as well. @patmleon 

I'm gathering more details to report this to our engineering team.

Could you provide the answers to my questions posted above here?

Let me know, and I can pass this along.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

patmleon
Local Performer

happening on iphone and appletv

happening on cell data and wifi

happening on all stations

0 Kudos

mrkolivier
Local Performer

i am using the pandora app through apple tv and have been getting this same error message for about a week or so. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that info, @patmleon.

I will be sure to pass this along to our engineering team as soon as possible.

Your patience is appreciated while we look deeper into this issue.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mrkolivier thanks for posting to community! I've moved your post to an exisiting thread about this issue to help keep things tidy. 

Can you answer a couple questions for me?

1. Is this happening on all your stations or just one?
  2. Is this happening on any other devices or just Apple TV?

Thanks for the help. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

csf
Local Performer
I've been having the same issue for over a week. Pandora also times out on Apple TV, so I changed the sleep setting on Apple TV to "never." Regarding this station is not available, it was happening only with a few stations through the previous week, and I could toggle to and from stations to get them to work again. Today, all of my stations give this error on Apple TV. I can still use the iPhone app with no issues (yet). To answer your specific questions: 1. Where are you listening (does this only happen at home, work, or on the go)?--home, Apple TV 2. Is this happening on all your stations or just one? (specifically for @KK) --all, as of today 3. Is this happening when you are on Wi-Fi or cellular data?--wifi 4. Is this happening across all your devices or just one? Just Apple TV so far. The iPhone app works. Please let me know if there is an Apple TV fix or workaround. Thank you.
0 Kudos

Vbherr80
Local Performer

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!  My roommate thought I was being crazy!  Over the past month I've had issues streaming pandora on any of the Apple TV's in the house.  At first it was just the issue with it "going to sleep" after about 15 minutes, but tried using it today (Nov. 13) and none of the stations worked.  I logged out and back in, no go, tried roommate's login, no go, restarted Apple TV, no go, deleted app and reloaded, no go.  So now I guess it's up to Pandora to fix the issue...  PS, this issue started to occur after Apple did their big update over a month ago...

0 Kudos

Elkhunter275
Local Performer
Hello Was wondering anyone has a fix for the error message “stations not currently available” on a Apple TV. Recently started and now happens with every station in my collection. I am unable to play music on my TV. Thank you

baldgoat
Underground

I'm having the same issue, well, I was seeing it after 1 or 2 tracks. Now, I can't get any of my stations to play at all. The stations work okay through a web browser and iOS, but I get the 'This station is not currently available' in Apple TV.

Stations I'm attempting to play in the Applet TV app:

• Kongos Radio
  • Death Cab For Cutie Radio
  • Nox Arcana Radio

I have reinstalled the Pandora app -- v1809.1
And restarted the Apple TV. It's running tvOS v13.2 (17K82)

0 Kudos

steen_will
Local Performer

It is happening to me as well.  I'm using our Apple TV the software is tvOS 13.2.  I'm listening at home, it is affecting all my stations, on Wi-Fi, and just on my TV.

0 Kudos

CaseyF
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, we restarted and none of the stations will play. We use this service for our venue guests and it's a huge setback to not be able to play any stations. We play from our apple TV. help!

0 Kudos

tktiv
Local Performer
I am getting the same error 'This station is not currently available. Please choose another station instead'. I have been streaming Pandora from my Apple TV for 2+ years without any issues. Now in the past month or so this error has been every hour or so. I would just change the station and listen to another one for a while. Until today 11.13.2019 it quit working altogether. Now all my stations say this and none will work on my Apple TV. I did the Pandora troubleshooting Troubleshooting on Apple TV... If Pandora is not working properly, follow the steps below: "Soft Restart" the app. Open Settings. Users with Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD can select System. Users with Apple TV 3rd generation (or earlier) should choose General. Select Restart. 2. "Hard Restart" the app. Users with Aluminum or White Apple Remotes can restart the app by holding down the Menu and Down buttons simultaneously. Let go when the light on your device flashes. Users with Siri Remotes or Apple TV remotes (not compatible with 3rd generation or earlier) should hold down the Display and Menu buttons simultaneously. Let go when the light on your device flashes. 3. Uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app. 4. Try a few standard network troubleshooting steps: Connect directly via an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device). Reboot your modem and router. Restart your device. ...And still nothing works. Currently I can not listen to any Pandora station on my Apple TV. Pandora and Apple need to sort this out.
0 Kudos

mrkolivier
Local Performer

Same problem for me.  Works fine on my phone but not on a brand new Apple TV. 

0 Kudos