cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen on Bolt Tivo

daleslad
On the Rise

About 3 weeks ago I upgraded my Tivo device to the Bolt.  After authenticating Pandora I found that it responded much faster than it used to on my old Tivo device.

Since then it has been working just fine but yesterday after I had  chosen the Pandora app to play I got nothing but a black screen and no sound.   I tried opening the Netflix and Prime apps which are also in my favourite apps list and they were working just fine.

What's up Pandora ?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @daleslad,

Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've gone ahead and removed the Tivo association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Once this happens, can you go through the set-up again and let me know if you're still getting the black screen and no sound. 

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Tanner,   I'm still just getting the black screen and no sound,  so I can't even try to authenticate Pandora again with my device.   Like I said earlier it appears that Pandora is the only App. that is not responding.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying @daleslad. I'd like to report this to to our engineering side. 

Could you do me a favor and send over a picture of this black screen and the model number on your Tivo Bolt?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Ok Tanner here you go, here is the model number and a couple of pics.   One of the black screen, don't know what your techs. can glean from that.   Also another pic of the Pandora listing in my faves. 

Tivo Bolt.  Model No.  TCD849500V

Blank screenBlank screenPandora app.Pandora app.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Tanner any news from your Engineering dept. about my problem with the black screen. 

0 Kudos

pneighbors
Local Performer

any new information on the pandora blank screen issue?  mine started doing the same thing.  very aggravating.  i spoke to tivo, and they said an update should be coming, but i think she had zero knowledge of that.  pandora has worked fine on tivo for years until a couple weeks ago.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

No I'm still waiting for some answers from Pandora,   I just shot of an email to Tivo today to see if they might no anything about it.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @daleslad - I checked in with engineering and they are still investigating this. 

I'll update this thread when I hear any new info. 

Thanks for your patience!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @pneighbors thanks for posting! 

Do you have the same model as @daleslad? If not, can you let me know which Tivo model you? I'd like to add your info to our ticket for this. 

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pneighbors
Local Performer

i believe so.  the model is the Tivo Bolt Vox - 1 TB.  Thank you!  This is extremely aggravating and disappointing.  Pandora was the sole reason we went with Tivo as the Time Warner DVR didn't have the app on-board.  Pandora worked great on our old Tivo, and worked on this Bolt for a year until it started blanking out a couple weeks ago.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @pneighbors. Sorry about that - it definitely sounds super frustrating. I've included your info on our ticket. 

When new information is made available to me, I'll be posting here. In the meantime, thanks for your patience. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pneighbors
Local Performer

Hi Tanner, any news on this?  Need some resolution.  How long does it take for them to review a ticket?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pneighbors Unfortunately, this issue is still being investigated by our engineers.

Continue to keep an eye on this thread as we will provide you with an update once that information is made available to us.

Thanks again for all your patience as they work to find a resolution. 🤝

0 Kudos

pneighbors
Local Performer

Adam or Tanner, is there any movement on this?  Seriously, what is the delay issue on investigating it?  Seems like a minor coding glitch that can be resolved quickly.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

I had exactly the same problem,  the only thing that worked for me was to unplug the Tivo for 20 sec. or so and it would show up.    It seems it would stay put for a few weeks and then I'd have to unplug it again.   I finally got rid of my Bolt and bought the Edge,  just got it all working and that was one of the first things I checked.   Pandora was there at least for now and today is the first day with the Edge so if it goes missing again  I'll be back on here complaining again.

0 Kudos

HolzemerJ
Local Performer

I've got a Tivo OTA box.  Pandora worked fine until about 3 weeks ago when it started the same business that is reported in this thread -- i.e. all other apps work fine Pandora just goes to a black screen and doesn't even load.  I've rebooted everything, etc.  Don't know if I can "reload" Pandora -- as I recall Pandora was preloaded in the apps.

I've started a case with Pandora support -- but was disappointed to see this thread and the apparent disinterest of their technical support personnel.  If I hear anything I'll report on this thread.

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Ok like I said in my last post if Pandora goes missing again I'd be back complaining.   I was leaning towards Tivo being the culprit but now I'm convinced it is a Pandora issue.   I got rid of my Tivo Bolt and bought a new Tivo Edge.    It has been working great until about a week ago and the old problem of Pandora not opening up when clicked on has reappeared.  I would just get a long message that there is an error and check back later.   I found that if unplugged the Edge it would show up again.   It has happened twice now over a period of 12 days.   Out of all of the apps I have on Tivo,  Pandora is the only one that I have trouble with. 

So the ball is back in your court Pandora.

0 Kudos

pneighbors
Local Performer

Does anybody know if Pandora is actually looking at this, or are we getting the run around?  It doesn't seem like it should take this long.

0 Kudos

vilma
Local Performer

looking for an answer my padora not working with mytivo  screen black but working with other apps. why?

0 Kudos