cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast: Pandora crashes when casting after 2209.1

eprintz06
Local Performer

Hi,

I posted here: https://community.pandora.com/t5/Other-Devices/Chromecast-Pandora-crashes-when-connecting/m-p/114757...

My post ended up getting moved to a topic that I think is closed already so I can't reply there. So, I'm  creating yet another new post here since the suggested solution did not work for me. Thanks to @GeraldPandora for the quick reply/suggestion ... unfortunately it didn't work for me. Since I can't reply on the other thread, can you either re-open the other thread or leave this thread open?

Here's my original post:

Pandora is crashing whenever I try to connect to chromecast. It started out of nowhere today after it had been working fine.

I've tried multiple different Pandora App versions (2204, 2209, 2210) and multiple different chromecasts with different firmware versions (1.36.159268, 1.56.275994, 1.56.291998)

This is the primary way we use our Pandora Premium account in our house so it's really difficult when it's not working.

@TannerPandora / @AdamPandora - I see you helped on the other thread ... can you or someone on the Pandora team help look at this? I'm happy to share any additional information I can to help debug the issue.

For whatever it's worth, my wife has an iphone with app version 2211.1 and has the exact same issue

Thanks,

-Eric

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @eprintz06 Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that Pandora is crashing when trying to use Chromecast.

I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and see several Android devices. One currently on 2204.1 and another on 2210.2. Does Chromecast work for the version on 2204.1?

In the meantime, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your devices?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version for each device:

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

eprintz06
Local Performer

Hi Tanner,

Thanks a lot! Interestingly, we were able to cast again the next day. I'm not sure what fixed it, but there definitely still seems to be some kind of intermittent issue as we could not get it to work from any of our devices on any of our chromecasts on the day I posted.

When we had the issue that day, I tried multiple different versions of the Pandora App (2204, 2209, 2210) from my Android phone (Google Pixel 5, Android Version 13). I'm currently on 2210.2 and it's working. Since I was trying multiple different app versions desperately trying to get it to work that day, maybe that's why you're seeing the different versions on your side? The day that it wasn't working, it also did not work from my wife's iphone (App Version 2211.1) so that's probably a clue as to what the issue could be. We have 3 chromecasts in our house and it wasn't working on any of them on that day from any of our phones/devices. 

Since it's working now, it's hard for me to give more clues on what the intermittent issue could be ... I think it'd be good for the engineering team to take a closer look at whatever the previous fix was to see if there's any chance there's still a hole that could cause the issue.

Thanks again for the reply and the help, really appreciate it! I'm happy to share any other details as well, just let me know.

Thanks,

-Eric

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @eprintz06! Thanks for the update and glad to hear it's working again! 🙌 Super odd that it happened just that one day.

If something changes and stops working again, let us know!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

eprintz06
Local Performer

Hi,

So frustrating, same thing happening again today ... I've restarted my Chromecasts, my phone and even updated to the latest 2303.1 software on my phone ... Nothing works :-((((

This seems to be a recurring issue, is anyone looking at this?

Eric

0 Kudos