cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast - Pandora crashes when connecting

johnnyrook
Underground

Every time I try to connect to any of our Google Home speakers Pandora immediately crashes. Anyone else having this issue?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
89 Replies

Lovingthekeys
Local Performer

I think many of us have stated that we have tried that and it doesn’t work.  I did it most recently about 2 minutes ago.

0 Kudos

ninjette2
Local Performer

Having the same issue as everyone else. As soon as I cast to my Google Hub, Pandora crashes (Pixel 3a).

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the app store and god version 2208.2, not 205.1.1. 2208.2 has the same crashing behaviour.

If anyone had directions on how to rollback to 205.1.1 I would be grateful! 

Uninstalling and reinstalling no longer provides an older version. Is there a way to rollback to the older version or is Pandora just a no go for casting right now? Thanks!

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ninjette2. 👋

Sorry about your post being removed - it looks like it was caught in one of our spam filters. I've gone ahead and adjusted that for you. It should be showing up now on this thread.

++

@Lovingthekeys @ninjette2 We do not offer previous versions of the Pandora app to download. 

If you are using an Android device that is not able to upgrade to Android 7.0 or higher, you should be able to download a previous version of the Pandora app from the Google Play store. 

Otherwise, I'm afraid you won't be able to download the current version of the Pandora app on that device.

In the meantime, I can confirm that there is an internal ticket open for this issue and it's being worked on. Thanks again for your patience during this process and for reporting this issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Mmiii
Opening Act

I can't believe, we had a real solution for this very annoying issue and now someone rolled out a new version to play store without checking if the problem still exists...🤦🏻‍♂️🫣 2208.2 has the exact same Google Cast error as 2208.1

who on earth does the quality control before an app is rolled out?

Download 2205.1.1 without the issue.   

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mqeFqABTJgFr4RXZ5h89z7r5SNdPqOsT/view?usp=drivesdk 

...don't forget to uncheck Autoupdate for Pandora app in Playstore after uninstall and reinstall 2205.1.1 😉 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Usysinc
Opening Act
I'm assume (moderator), you agree with my pronouncements and solution.
🤣🤣🤣
0 Kudos

tonyrare
Local Performer

I have the same issue and it started after the android update.

Pandora crashes every time when attempting to connect to Chromecast/Google home. Switching to Spotify until they resolve this issue.

tonyrare
Local Performer

Thank you, that worked.

Aquintas
Local Performer

I think I have the same issue.  Today on my Pixel 3, I clicked the cast icon and selected a device to cast to (Nest Mini).  The device makes a sound that indicates that I am casting but then Pandora crashes.  When I open my device in the google home app it shows that I am still casting to the Nest Mini.  I then tried same process with my iPhone and it works as expected.  I went back to my Pixel 3 removed and reinstalled Pandora, same issue.  Restarted phone same issue.  Currently listening to YouTube music casting to the Nest Mini, so it seems to be a Pandora casting implementation issue, but what is odd it was working 2 weeks ago.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aquintas I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates to the Pandora app, it's likely how this issue will be addressed. 

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Usysinc
Opening Act
Yesterday I verified that Pandora, for me, no longer Chromrcasts AT ALL but
rather crashes immediately. Great job Pandora app software engineers, for
an out of scope function call to the NULL pointer.

Dear Pandora, hire me for $$$. I'm a top notch hardware software engineer
and can fix the problem which probably has more to do with the recent
Android update from the incompetent Google H1B sortware team.🤣🤣🤣
0 Kudos

Bakerman
Local Performer

I'm also having the Pandora Crash issue when trying to cast to google speakers from my Android phone.  I don't use the app daily but seems to have occurred when Pandora pushed out new version.  I've tried most of the troubleshooting steps but to no avail.   I'm sometimes getting a popup on the app that says there is a bug but I don't know if it's coming from Pandora or Android. I'm hoping the Pandora techs are working on a fix.  Unlike last time a similar issue happened, the cast button on Pandora is still available and speakers/groups appear but as soon as one is selected, Pandora crashes.

0 Kudos

Kf7mxe
Underground

I have the same issue. Also if select a home group the app just crashes. If I select a single device I get the session has ended error. 

cblake66
Underground

Same issues. Crashes as soon as it connects the chromecast. Version 2208.1

Having same problems with crashing after connecting to chromecast. And the pop ups about Bluetooth and phone calls.

0 Kudos

cmorin543
Underground

Yeah, after the latest update on Android 13, it'll just crash as soon as I try to cast to any device. 

I ended up downgrading to 2205.1.1 and it at least doesn't crash, but only makes a successful cast 1 out of about 20 tries. 

0 Kudos

Mmiii
Opening Act

only way to solve the problem at the moment.

Uninstall 2208.2

Download 2205.1.1 without the issue.   

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mqeFqABTJgFr4RXZ5h89z7r5SNdPqOsT/view?usp=drivesdk 

Install...don't forget to uncheck Autoupdate for Pandora app in Playstore after uninstall and reinstall 2205.1.1 😉 

Have fun casting

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bakerman I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates to the Pandora app, it's likely how this issue will be addressed. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cblake66 I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates to the Pandora app, it's likely how this issue will be addressed. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cmorin543 @Kf7mxe I've passed your feedback along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates to the Pandora app, it's likely how this issue will be addressed. 

Usysinc
Opening Act
Yeah, Pandora over Chromecast is a real success story. Now that Pandora is
a completely lame duck, we all lament, "It could have been a lot worse".
🤣🤣🤣
0 Kudos

RECON73160
Local Performer

Same problem started 2 days ago running on note 10 with Android 12

0 Kudos