cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast: Unable to cast to Google Home Devices

aidane33
Local Performer

I recently changed my subscription to a family plan. Immediately after doing so, I am unable to play music from my Google Home with Pandora as my default player. I am also unable to cast from my iPhone XR to the Home device. When attempting to cast I get an error saying, “Oops, we are unable to cast at this time.” I tried unlinking and re-linking my Pandora account in the Google Home app but this did not make a difference. Help! This is the only way I listen to Pandora at home. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rjboles
Underground

Issue resolved. I removed Pandira account from Google Home, Saved, Re-linked my account to Google Home. All fixed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
90 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @aidane33! Thanks for posting your experience, sorry to hear this is happening.

When you try to play Pandora on your Google Home with voice commands, can you let me know the exact command you are using?

Does Google acknowledge your request and doesn't play or does Google not do anything?

For casting, I've had a similar issue with Google Home myself, I've found that enabling and disabling the Local Network under Settings on iPhone has helped. 

Let's see if this will help you. On your iPhone, tap Settings > scroll down and tap Pandora > under Local Network, disable and then enable this option (Note: If it was disabled to begin with, be sure it's enabled)

Force close Pandora and reopen, try Chromecast once again.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sloan5411
Local Performer

Same issue. Unable to cast to my devices.

Tried several attempts to enable casting to my google devices by going to iPhone network settings. swittchedoff and on and reloaded Pandora app-my devices are not recognized.

TannerPandora

Hi @sloan5411! Thanks for posting your experience. 👋🏻

Do you happen to use a VPN? If so, can you disable the VPN to see if this helps?

Can you also tell me more about your mobile device?

• Make and model
  • Pandora version (If you need help finding this, let me know)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CRob711
Local Performer

After switching to Pandora Premium Family Plan, received the "Oops! We are unable to cast at this time" error message.  And after charging me to top it off.  

Invited my husband and now his account can't play either.  Mind you, we use different devices and tried from all!!!

Android, iOS, none work.  Fix or refund.

Heybowl420
Local Performer

I have had this same issue for years! It usually resolves itself and will work fine for a month or two but then bam all over again. It's extremely frustrating. I prefer to cast directly from the Pandora app versus Google Home voice controls as I have more control over music, stations etc, however when Pandora app won't cast I begrudgingly use GH as it always work. Right now however I am having issues with that. I am tech savvy guy and have tried all of the troubleshooting, unlinking/linking devices, accounts etc.  When it works it's great as I have a mix of devices all over the house (2 Vizio sound bars, JBL portable, and a couple minis). I don't want to leave Pandora as I have all my stations finely tuned but if Spotify works perfectly I may be making the switch very soon. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Heybowl420 We experienced a hiccup in the system that looks to be resolved now. Can you please give it another try and let us know about your experience?

Thank you for taking the time to report this and also for giving it a try and relaying your feedback to us. I appreciate you! :pandora:

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Rjboles
Underground

I've been using Pandora on my Google speakers for years and never had a problem. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for years now. Today I switched over to annual billing from monthly (pandora plus) and now I can't make Pandora play on any of my Google speakers on my home. It responds verbally playing the pandora channel <name of channel> and total silence. When I then ask what the name of the song is it only responds by saying, "Pandora is playing right now." when it clearly is not. 

Google speakers will play any other service (spotify, SXM radio, etc) 

Pandora works on the Amazon Echo speaker in my house. 

I cannot cast from the app to any of the Google speakers. 

I can stream pandora via Bluetooth to the Google speakers. 

Any idea why it's no longer working via voice command, and is it possible that the problem has to due with the annual subscription kicking on today? 

I have power cycled each speaker. I have also unlined Pandora to my Google account and relinked it. I'm out of ideas, and am irritated that this happened k. The day the annual billing commenced. I use the voice control way too often to have to come up with a different solution. 

Thank you. 

Rich 

kappadappa
Underground

I too upgraded to a paid Pandora plan today and suddenly can't cast to my Google Chromecast with Google TV, but I was previously able to cast seamlessly when I had a free Pandora account. This is a very strange bug, handicapping user's experience when they begin paying for Pandora.

Mamabearcarri
Local Performer

I've been trying to Chromecast Pandora from my Google Home App to my tv. I've been able to do this without till just the other day. Now it plays YouTube Music, but I don't even have an account.  I have linked and unlinked several times.  I've tried changing defaults and going back to Pandora. Nothing is working. Ideas for me?

Cliptis
Local Performer

Hi,

Yesterday I was on my free trial and I could cast to my Google home speakers. Today I upgraded to continue using the service and now I can't connect to my Google home. I've Uninstalled Pandora app, unplugged my Google home, restarted my app, cleared the storage on the pandora app under settings, gone offline and back online it just keeps telling me it ended the session with my Google home. 

Jeff8109
Underground

Same issue...upgraded from plus to premium and not I can't cast to any on any Google Home speakers.

This hiccup seems to still be happening.  I upgraded yesterday and haven't been able to play Pandora in my home since.  If not solved soon, I'll move on to Spotify or YouTube and cancel.

aliciamotes
Underground

Same issue here with the cast icon disappearing from my app.  I last cast to my Google Nest speaker on 7/1/2021.  Came back to work today and tried to start casting.... to no avail. I updated to the newest app version today, conducted numerous power cycles on phone, disconnected and reconnected Nest speaker from power source and even tried to uninstall and reinstall Pandora app to no avail.  Please assist.  Have a blessed day everyone!

aliciamotes
Underground

Just realized I posted my issue in the wrong thread and not sure how to move to a new one.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra not an iPhone.

0 Kudos

santacruzskim
Local Performer

same! worked fine for years, now it doesn't. not sure who to blame, but it's only pandora that is giving me issues. other audio and video casting is working fine

kappadappa
Underground

I ended up cancelling Pandora and switching to Spotify which casts seamlessly. It's too bad, Pandora lost me as a paying customer because of this bug.

Xcurly130x
Underground

Same happened to me. Right after I even payed more thinking the cheaper subscription was the reason for my problems casting. Now paying more it’s even worse with casting and now “Buffering”

tkitts
Local Performer

Hi Erick,

I've had a problem casting to my google tv boxes.  Pandora is the only app that I can't cast. I saw your post saying you had a glitch but I have not been able to cast for several months. I have an old chromecast fob at another house and can cast fine to it.  

It looks like there are a lot of folks with the same issue but I didn't see a solution.

I use chromecast from my android phone and use a microsoft computer.

Do you have a solution?

Thanks for your help, in advance

AndroidXS
Local Performer

It would appear never. Still occurring as of today.

Brandy1282
Local Performer

I am so frustrated! I have used pandora for over ten years and I just upgraded to a paid subscription and suddenly I can’t cast to any of my google speakers!! I wonder if I can even go back to the free version and it still cast or if now I’m just stuck! I’m so upset!

Moderator Edit: Format