cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV: Not available in this country error message

RAE1
Local Performer

Today we rebooted our TV for other problems and when logging and setting up the Internet I get a message that Pandora is not available in this country. How do I correct that? We've never had a problem and use Pandora just about every day of the week. We're confused. Help!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi everyone! Thank you all for reporting your issue through community and for your patience while we investigated.

We believe we found the cause of this issue and a fix has gone out this afternoon. 

Please try playing Pandora on your receivers and let us know if you're still having trouble. 

Thanks again for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 Replies

leeguarisco
Local Performer

pandora on my Directv HD DVR says Pandora not available in this country but my Pandora on my Directv Genie works?

0 Kudos

betamax456
Local Performer

up untill two days ago it worked  on my hr 22 ,hr24

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting to community @RAE1.

It sounds like your ISP may be routing your internet outside of the US. Let's try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, please let me know the IP address that appears here, the name of your ISP, and your zip code, and I'll see what I can do. 

Also, is the Pandora app located on your Samsung TV or through another device like DirecTV or Roku?

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @leeguarisco and @betamax456 thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your messages over to this thread because I believe you're experiencing a similar issue on your devices. 

You both appear to have DirecTV DVRs, can you please confirm for me. 

Also, would you mind trying the steps in my post above, you can click here to view. 

Thank you! Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cruiser
Local Performer

I get an error on my LG Direct tv screen that pandora is not available in this country. I am in the US and have never had this problem. Disconnected the WiFi for 1 minute. Reconnected and waited 7 minutes before turning tv on again. Same message.  How to resolve?

0 Kudos

Pilgrim2
Local Performer

The pandora app is on my Samsung “smart TV”

0 Kudos

billybill
Local Performer

Pandora on Directv says not available in this country all of the sudden

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @billybill @Pilgrim2. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar error on your TV devices.

@Pilgrim2 Could you confirm that you're using DirecTV?

++

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out the steps from @TannerPandora's post above, it can be found here.

If you still have trouble, please provide the following:

• What is the DirecTV receiver model and software version?
  • Press MENU on your remote. Select Settings, then Info & Test to see your receiver info.

Thanks so much for sticking with us on this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Cruiser. 👋

Sorry to hear this is happening.

Please check out @TannerPandora's message about this error in this post.

If you still have trouble, please share the following details for us to report to engineering:

• What is the DirecTV receiver model and software version?
  • Press MENU on your remote. Select Settings, then Info & Test to see your receiver info.

Thanks for your help with this! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

mccabin
Underground

Hello, 

We are in same boat as others above. All was good with Pandora on Directv until 4/23. We had music on in am, turned off TV for a few hours, turned back on in late afternoon and up pops message "not available in this country". This is a first after many years of Pandora use. We have a Sony Smart TV, using a HD DVR 24/100. 

Friday 4/24 I spent about 45" doing online chat with "Jordan" at Directv. He had me reset our modem/router, reset the DVR receiver, do system check, check for internet connection...all was/is good. He then said we needed to reconnect, fiddled with something on his end, told me to go to TV, Pandora App and get the authorization # that would be there, then go to directv/pandora website and enter the #. So I tried to do this and all that showed up was the same "not available in this country". After giving this failed attempt info to Jordan he then told me "this is a network issue and I am escalating this to tech support for a rapid fix". No fix yet but it is a bit comforting to know we are not alone with this issue. 

Pandora can you work with Directv to get this fixed?  Thanks in advance for your help. We love our Pandora on Directv and miss it...a lot!

0 Kudos

billybill
Local Performer

HR24/500.  With a separate cinema connection kit. I can get it on the same tv with firestick or roku, but not directv.

0 Kudos

bossladyvee
Local Performer

Your IPv4 Address Is: 75.4.192.35
Your IPv6 is: 2600:1700:d71:8798:40a7:2cfa:51bc:7cd0
Geolocation Info

City: Stone Mountain
State: Georgia
Postal Code: 30083
Time Zone: -04:00
Host Info

ISP: AT&T Corp.
Host Name: 75-4-192-35.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net
ASN: 7018

0 Kudos

mccabin
Underground

Pandora moderators are you out there, can you reply to my post? Thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @mccabin thanks for posting! Sorry for the trouble with this. 

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. I'd like to add your info to our ticket. 

Could you let me know the software version on your receiver?

Thanks for the help. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mccabin
Underground

TannerPandora, thanks for your reply. 

Receiver: HR24/100

Software: Ox32, Tue 3/3, 2:55a

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Awesome @mccabin! Thanks for the info. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mccabin
Underground

You're welcome and thank you for working on this annoying issue with the Directv Pandora App!

MThrede
Local Performer

I’m getting the “out of country” message on my Directv Pandora. Any suggestions? Is it worth calling directv?

0 Kudos

Check their website for a self help section. You very well could resolve it yourself from there. Good luck and stay safe. 

mod edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos