cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Stations

1Adrian
Local Performer

I purchased a new tv and log onto pandora and see all my stations. Once I play a station, all my stations disappear never to be found again. I have one account and have it installed on ten plus devices....

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies

rksea
Local Performer
That helps a lot. Thank you. It is now working on my NVidia Shield [Android] TV device, and I was able to find an old station (which was not visible in the list on TV app) by searching for it.  
Two new questions:
Audio Quality:  there is no setting fur audio quality on my TV app. Seems the android phone app plays at a much better quality.  This kinda **ahem**. I also use Spotify (both platforms have their own benefits). Spotify streams over their TV app are much better audio quality.  Are there any plans to improve the Pandora TV app?  Is this a tech issue or a licensing issue?  
Side Loading:  I am wondering if I could possibly side-load the Android phone .apk on my Shield Android TV device?  If so, can you provide a link to the true phone .apk?  If it works, one wield have all the features of the phone app on the android TV.  
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rksea Nice to hear back from you.

Audio quality on in-home devices:

Currently, most in-home devices receive 128k MP3 audio - whether the account is free or paid (this is what you are currently getting on your devices when streaming Pandora).

So if you were to upgrade to Pandora Premium, the audio quality wouldn't improve - you would still receive 128k MP3 audio.

If you'd like to receive higher audio quality on your devices, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️: Higher Audio Quality

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

APK download:

APK for download is not something we offer with Pandora.

If you'd like to see this option implemented, feel free to create a feature request here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

barbblack1
Local Performer

The same thing has happened to me. Today I wanted to turn Pandora on to listen to music and it has disappeared. Alexa said she sent directions but I don't know where she is talking about. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @barbblack1! Welcome to community!

To confirm, you requested Alexa play a station and Alexa wasn't able to or gave an error message?

In the meantime, I recommend logging into your Amazon account to view what Alexa thinks you said, in order to report feedback to Amazon directly. This is referred to as your "Utterance History report."

To view your utterance history report, click this link from a computer and log into your Alexa account. Or from a mobile device launch the Alexa app, tap the Menu icon, select Activity and then More under Pandora activity.

From here you'll be able to view what Alexa thought she heard, as well as listen to a recording of what you said. If she didn't do what you wanted, be sure to let Amazon know by selecting No.

Can you also provide me with some additional info?

1. What kind of Alexa device are you using?
  2. What phrase(s) did you say to Alexa? (Please be as specific as possible.)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Amy_Drees
Local Performer

3 years later and I'm having the same exact issue. I took your research, ended up deleting and re-adding all of the stations pre-June 2012 just to have them available on my TV. I guess it's just a fresh start on adding the thumbs up/down to the one's I like. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos