cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Volume on Amazon Fire Stick

Patti1
Local Performer

If anyone has any suggestions other than uninstalling and reinstalling the pandora app for no volume issues while using it on my fire stick please let me know. Thanks!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nittany84
Local Performer

I fixed, it was something to do with the Dolby digital plus setting. Put in on regular Dolby and it works now.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Patti1 - thanks for posting to community. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Amazon Fire Stick

I’ve asked our User Support team to enable a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps one more time. I've also asked them to remove the device association, which may help. 

Can give the following a try:

Clear your app data (If this is available on your device.)

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • Select Pandora from the list;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

If clearing the app data is not available on your specific device, can you please uninstall and reinstall the app again

To Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Thanks for the help. Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Patti1
Local Performer

Unfortunately this did not restore the volume for Pandora on my fire stick tv. I can’t believe the techs at Pandora can’t resolve this problem for me. Very disappointed with Pandora!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Patti1 Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. 

I've gone ahead and created a ticket with your info and passed it along to our engineers for further investigation. 

Can you clarify if Pandora appears to play, meaning that you can see the progression on the song on status bar but no volume or if it doesn't start playing at all?

Thanks for your help. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Nittany84
Local Performer

I have the same issue and your fix didn't work either. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Nittany84! Thanks for posting. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. 

Can you do me a favor and please reproduce this on your Fire TV and let me know the time and date you did. 

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Nittany84
Local Performer

I fixed, it was something to do with the Dolby digital plus setting. Put in on regular Dolby and it works now.

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it @Nittany84! 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

firesticksound
Local Performer

Same problem here. It all works except for sound. Clearing cache/data didn't work. Have no idea where to find dolby digital plus setting. I've never seen it anywhere including audio. It all works on my labtop but not on my tv firestick. Please help

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @firesticksound! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear those steps didn't help. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. While this trace is enabled can you please uninstall/reinstall the app for me. Then replicate the issue once more. 

To Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

firesticksound
Local Performer

Thanks much. Clearing cache didn't help. I uninstalled and re-installed Pandora. That did the trick. Thanks again!

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it @firesticksound! Have a great Friday! 🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos