cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Shield TV login issues

Hank_
Underground

Can not log into Pandora.  Fresh download and install of Pandora app, correct login info .. app stalls at NEXT to complete the login.

Shield TV version  8.2.0

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hank_ This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Hank_
Underground

1.  Firmware was and is the latest version

2.  Device is and was connected by ethernet cable.

3.  Modem and router rebooted.  

4.  APP uninstalled and installed ... a 2nd time.

And again ... I enter my email and password, click NEXT and nothing .. as if the NEXT button isn't programmed.    

There are two Nvidia TV versions, the Pro and the newer AI model, the firmware for these devices are not identical.   And this may be something Pandora should give a closer look at. 

Motor Trend app had issue working properly with the newer AI model, they eventually came out with an updated app and the issue disappeared.    

As of this time I will have to delete the Pandora app until an, actual, solution is found.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hank_ Thanks for trying that out.

I have escalated your report over to our engineers so they can take a closer look at this.

Please keep an eye on this thread as we will be providing you with any updates we receive from them here.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

Hank_
Underground

I have been playing with this internet thing since 1995 .. patience is built in.  😉  

Thanks

emjoonbug
Local Performer

@AdamPandora 

I am also having this issue. I use (used to) listen to Pandora daily on my Nvidia sheild tv (2019) 

I am also connected via ethernet. (All of my other apps work fine)

I have forced stop & cleared data & reinstalled Pandora app

I have restarted - switch, router & modem

Please let me know when this is resolved

~Emjoonbug

0 Kudos

Randalllind
Local Performer

I listen mainly on my Nvidia Shield while working today the TV app is giving me a server error message instead of opening. The Vizo TV app is working fine.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi everyone!

We now believe this issue has been resolved. We kindly ask you to try again and let us know if you're still running into trouble.

Please note: In some cases, you may need to force quit the Google Play Store for the update to take effect. 

Let us know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos