cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora on an MP3 player

gabent1
Local Performer

My work just changed a policy to not allow anyone to listen to streaming music that goes through the internet. I have had Pandora for sometime now and now they say it is forbidden and you can only listen to music through an MP3 player. is it possible to download my Pandora station to my MP3 player?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gabent1 Nice to see you around the Community.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are licensed as streaming radio services. Although Pandora Plus offers the ability to listen to up to four stations offline, no downloading or stream-ripping is permitted per our licensing.

That said, Pandora Premium, which combines our radio service with on-demand listening, allows subscribers to listen to specific songs, albums, playlists, and certain content offline.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer. Let me know if you'd like more information about this.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gabent1 Nice to see you around the Community.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are licensed as streaming radio services. Although Pandora Plus offers the ability to listen to up to four stations offline, no downloading or stream-ripping is permitted per our licensing.

That said, Pandora Premium, which combines our radio service with on-demand listening, allows subscribers to listen to specific songs, albums, playlists, and certain content offline.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer. Let me know if you'd like more information about this.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jonvw84
Local Performer

Hello Adam. I have Pandora Premium and have been interested in being able to load MP3 files to an MP# player earbud. Can you point me to the instructions to do that? I'm not finding that anywhere in my Pandora app interface.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jonvw84! Thanks for posting to community. Sorry for any confusion.

Due to our licensing, downloading or stream-ripping is not permitted.

The tracks you download for offline listening will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you can listen to them offline on an Android or iOS device.

Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music library. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device (such as a computer), you won't be able to view those downloads.

Hope this helps explain. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tcpans
Local Performer

If you want to download music to MP3 player, you need to update to Pandora Premium and check whether your MP3 player can download the Pandora app.

If you use iPod nano, Sony Walkman other other no WIFI MP3 player, you need to convert songs to MP3 with a special music converter like UkeySoft Music Converter. I have even use this tool to convert music to MP3 format, so that I can enjoy music and playlist on iPod nano. 

0 Kudos