cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin number for Smart Watches

Regina
Local Performer

I am trying to sync my smartwatch. It is asking for a pin #. It says to go under setting/profile/pin but there is nothing there.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/4/2021

If you're seeing a PIN requirement for an app on your Samsung Galaxy watch, you may have downloaded the app for Pandora, an in car security company from the UK.

Pandora Radio (the streaming service) does not offer a standalone app for the Galaxy watch. We also do not require or generate a Bluetooth pairing PIN. 

As long as your Samsung smartwatch is connected via Bluetooth, you can launch Pandora from your phone and the controls should appear on your watch. 

Hi @Regina  Sorry for any confusion.

There is no activation code required for Bluetooth devices when using Pandora; however, some devices do require a Bluetooth pairing PIN to complete the pairing process. This code is generated by the device itself, and isn’t something that comes from Pandora.

If you continue to have difficulties, you’ll want to refer to your owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer’s support team for further assistance.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

13 Replies

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 5/4/2021

If you're seeing a PIN requirement for an app on your Samsung Galaxy watch, you may have downloaded the app for Pandora, an in car security company from the UK.

Pandora Radio (the streaming service) does not offer a standalone app for the Galaxy watch. We also do not require or generate a Bluetooth pairing PIN. 

As long as your Samsung smartwatch is connected via Bluetooth, you can launch Pandora from your phone and the controls should appear on your watch. 

Hi @Regina  Sorry for any confusion.

There is no activation code required for Bluetooth devices when using Pandora; however, some devices do require a Bluetooth pairing PIN to complete the pairing process. This code is generated by the device itself, and isn’t something that comes from Pandora.

If you continue to have difficulties, you’ll want to refer to your owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer’s support team for further assistance.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Walt1
Local Performer

I am getting the same request.  I have a Samsung S9 and a Samsung Galaxy Frontier watch.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Walt1!

Since Pandora doesn't require a pin to connect via bluetooth devices, this is most likely a bluetooth pin that is set up through Samsung. 

Can you do me a favor and show me a picture/ screenshot of what you're seeing?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ruben85
Local Performer

Phone is Samsung galaxy 9+ and watch Samsung frontier 3

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ruben85! Thanks for posting. 

Are you receiving the same message for a pin number to connect to your smart watch? Can you send over a photo of what you're seeing?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dhix
Local Performer

I have galaxy watch that has separate line. Want to be able to use watch without phone so need to generate a pin to sync to phone

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dhix! Thanks for posting. 

Keep in mind,  you won't be able to launch Pandora directly from your Samsung watch without your phone connected. 

There is a feature suggestion for this idea under: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App 

If you're interested in having a standalone app for I would give this idea a vote. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

arcjump
Local Performer

I had the same problem on my Samsung active 2. I chose to try 0000 for the pin. I then chose BMW for the auto type. This unlocked the watch. The watch will show me what is playing on Pandora and will let me pause/skip songs, but not play from the watch speaker.

jdcorey
Local Performer

Has anyone from Pandora figured this out on their App yet? I'm a Premium subscriber, and am trying to activate Pandora on my LTE Watch3, NOT BLUETOOTH. The app on the phone asks for a PIN, and specifically says to go to Pandora, and then Profile Settings to "generate a PIN". Help us out with this, please. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jdcorey! Thanks for posting

To clarify,  Pandora does not have an app available for Samsung devices on Tizen OS. It sounds like you may be using an unauthorized third party app that’s in violation of our terms of service.

With Samsung watches, we only support the device being tethered by a Bluetooth connection with your phone. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kika81
Local Performer

I'm confused 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kika81! What are you confused about, maybe I can help?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Steve24
Local Performer

Pandora pro isn't pandora music streaming app it's an app for cars to lock and unlock the car and view status of the car

0 Kudos